A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Note to self: DO NOT eat black bean soup while pregnant

Walmart sells a couple of organic soups in their soup section. One of them is an organic black bean soup, which I was craving. It seemed delicious down to the last bite.
About 30 minutes later I experienced some of the worst pain I've ever felt during any pregnancy...or any anything for that matter.
No amount of Rolaids or Gas-x could cure it...all my organs wanted to explode and there was nothing I could do but curl up in a ball on my bed and suffer.
I had no idea a stupid can of black bean soup would almost kill me.

On the plus side, I have learned a valuable lesson about giving in to every craving while pregnant. On the down side, I've been traumatized for the rest of my life...I will never eat black beans again.
You may think I'm exaggerating...I'm not. I'll leave the details to your imagination...though no amount of imagination can really compare. It was pure suffering and torture. I should call the FBI and suggest it as a means of making people talk.

6 comments:

Familia Forsloff said...

I feel your pain..the other day I had something greasy like pizza and I felt like there was a huge bubble in my tummy that wouldnt pop! I kept thinking that my baby was telling me "its your fault you ate greasy food"

natalie brady said...

There are some things that are never the same after being pregnant. I used to love bell pepers, but they made me sick when I was pregnant and I still can't eat them. Even smelling them makes me sick.

Lisa said...

Lis, that sounds horrible. It is enough to be pregnant and then to be sick on top of that. Do you think you had food poisoning? Black bean soup sounds like a sensible choice to me. I don't know how you went wrong on that one. I guess your baby is telling you that it doesn't like black beans. When I was pregnant with Parker I had cravings for Rootbeer and I don't even like it. Parker loves rootbeer and can't get enough of it.

Lisa/Scott said...

Lis...unless it was a new kind of food poisoning I don't think so, because I've had lots of food poisoning as a missionary and honestly it's not that bad compared to what happened to me the other day... with food poisoning, once the bad food you eat forces itself out of your system you feel great. This time it seemed like whatever was happening wouldn't go away no matter what. Maybe it was some kind of allergy. It was one of the most painful things I've ever gone through.

Liz said...

Ooooo...that does not sound fun! I hate cramps...any cramps...of any kind. Ouch, I'm sorry you had to experience that. You're right, you'll probably be forever ruined toward black beans. There are some foods I still can't eat because they remind me of my first trimester of pregnancy. Saltines. Yuck.

Paula-Adam said...

that's so funny but it's not that funny. I'll make a note of that when I'm pregnant