Our vacation was awesome this year. We were able to spend it out in Philly with Scott's family and it was a lot of fun because all of Scott's brothers (except Dan who was on his mission) were able to make it home. It was a full house, but there were lots of games played and movies watched. We even had our own 'Jason Bourne' marathon in the comfort of Nick and Margie's home.
There was excellent shopping, before and after Christmas...Lisa spent a lot of money in a name brand outlet mall similar to Park City's in Utah, but also mixed with higher end stores like Neiman Marcus...which Lisa still couldn't afford because in stead of 3,000 dollars for a shirt or dress it would be marked down to only 1,500.... Gee, thanks, Neiman. However there were more economical outlets like the Gap and Nike and Banana Republic as well, so Lisa was able to get her money's worth in winter fashion and Maternity clothes.
We also took a trip to the Franklin Institute of Science in downtown philly. It's a very huge museum dedicated to discoveries in science from space travel and aviation, to Sports and Optical illusions. With four floors and nine exhibits, it can take all day to get through. The highlight for us was a giant human heart that you can actually walk through to get a visual of how blood travels through it. There were hundreds of hands on activities, with virtual reality experiences and rooms even for toddlers Crystals age, which made it anything but boring. Lisa thought it was cool to touch a meteorite that was over 5 billion years old...literally the world's oldest rock, which was actually older than the world itself. This may sound pretty nerdy, but we thought that all the stuff there was really cool.
It was a great time to spend with family, relax, and enjoy some East Cost Pizza and some Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches...(both of which cannot be duplicated out here in the West), and most of all just enjoy the Christmas season.
I have so many Christmas pictures, I don't know what to do with them. However to spare you on the boredom, I only put a few of them on this slide show. Mostly just of Crystal and the family on Christmas. Crystal of course, received more gifts than anyone there, but to spare you the never ending photos, there are only a couple of her opening presents on here.


2 comments:
Great pictures! Looks like so much fun. You didn't need to spare us the "boredom," as you call it. I love pictures and could look at them all day. It brings people to life for me! :) I'm glad you had a merry Christmas and hope you aren't too bummed coming back to "the West."
It looks like it was a fun vacation! Crystal is looking so grown up. I want to see some pictures of her birthday. I can't believe she is two years old. She is such a cute girl! Lis, I like your leather jacket. I can relate to the "Bourne marathon". We had one too with Kevs family. They are not my favorite shows. It is probably because the second one made me sick with the camera bouncing around. I was pregnant with Parker at the time. I will never forget it.
Post a Comment