A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Clean teeth

As a dental assistant I saw many unspeakable things happen to peoples mouths when they didn't take care of their teeth. This has made having clean teeth a big deal for me, and as a result, I always try to make sure Crystal's teeth are clean too. (Little kids with big cavities in the dental chair is a heartbreaking sight).
Anyway, I'm glad to report that Crystal loves brushing her teeth. As a matter of fact, she's slightly obsessed with it, and would do it all day long if I let her. When I tell her it's time to put the toothbrush away and do other things she gets really upset and cries and cries. I guess if I were a nicer mom I'd just let her do it all day, but I'm afraid she'll spill water everywhere if I'm not watching her, and I don't want to deal with the mess. Here's a 12 second clip of her brushing her teeth. The background music is Scott playing his xbox.

5 comments:

Liz said...

That's awesome! She does such a good job brushing them, too. I'm going to show Soren this video and hope that he learns from it. He just chews on his toothbrush...no matter what we say or do. I figure it's just important to create the habit now, but still.... Maybe Crystal can teach him the proper way to brush his teeth. :)

natalie brady said...

You're lucky, Nicholas hates to have his teeth brushed. We have to hold him down and pry open his mouth, and brush as quick as possible while he tries to bite the tooth brush. It's not fun.
P.S. How could I ever forget the rotten pumpkin idea? I think we laughed for an hour or more!

Liz said...

So, I showed this to Soren before bed time yesterday and told him that this is the way to brush teeth...like Crystal. Then we started our bed time routine and when we got to brushing teeth, Soren did a great job! After I told him what a great job he was doing, he said, "like Crystal." :) So, what I'm trying to say is, "Thanks Crystal!"

Lisa/Scott said...

Ha ha! Liz, that's so great! Soren is such a sweetheart! I'm glad Crystal could help him out. Natalie...I honor you for your effort with Nicholas...I'd probably just want to give up. Your a way better mom than I am. I'm glad you remembered our pumpkin prank! It still makes me happy.

Ramsey said...

She is so cute!!