It amazes me how much Crystal really soaks in, even though I don't realize it. We were at the pharmacy yesterday and there were several Sesame Street finger puppets on one shelf. She was able to identify every character that was on display. Everytime she was asked "where's Elmo, Grover, Zoe, Bigbird, Ernie," etc. she would easily point out every character. Then we found some stuffed animals on display and she made the animal sounds for every animal we picked up. I didn't know she new how to make the "baa" sound for the sheep or the "moo" for the cow. I would always tell her what they said, but out of nowhere she was saying it like she'd been saying it for weeks. Her tongue is loosening up more and more and as she's able to point to things and say what they are, it amazes me how much she really knows. This morning she asked me to get her ball, and she'd never said the word ball before. I was holding her on my lap this afternoon and she was pointing to the designs on my shirt and babbling while I was watching TV. Then I listened and could hear her saying, "one, two, three..." (she was trying to count the designs on my shirt.) I didn't know she could do that either. Again, I would always count things for her, but didn't know she could ever repeat it back untill lately when out of nowhere, she's just decided to talk. There are a bunch of other things she's started saying too, but I'm tired and I can't name them all off the top of my head. Sorry (: Anyway, up untill lately, she's always been my little "mute", who would make gestures to show you what she wanted, but couldn't say any words. We were told that it was normal, since we speak to her in two different languages, and that it was taking her longer to speak because she had more to learn. It just makes me pretty happy that out of nowhere she's just saying words I never knew she could say, and lots of them. It's nice when I see things that I work on starting to pay off.
Here are some short clips to show you that we're still enjoying her cuteness...
7 comments:
Lis,
I can't watch the videos....they keep buffering forever. Is it my computer???
I just checked it again, and they work fine on my computer...so maybe it is. Is there anything you're doing on it right now that would make it run a little slower?
How old was crystal when she started doing this? Owen is 15 months. He babbles a lot, says wow, uh-oh, da da, ma, and baba but no full or real words yet. Thats cool that she was able to repeat sounds on her own of the different animals.
How fun! I love her laugh. Soren wanted to watch this one over and over. I kept telling him, "Ok, one more time," and when it was over, he would say, "again." :) It was funny. He likes watching other kids laugh. He had this goofy little grin on his face while he was watching. Thanks for sharing!
Darth-
She was about 15 months like owen when we started realizing that her babbling was having more structure, and that certain sounds meant cetain words...but it's only been the last couple of weeks since what she's saying has started sounding like real words. Even though we try and teach her lots of stuff, she seems recognizes the same stuff on sesame street and we think it's actually helping her speaking and learning skills.
nicholas was about 18 months when out of nowhere he exploded with words. when he would babble it sounded like he was talking your ear off, and everyone always said that when he started to talk it would be in sentences, and sure enough it was. talking is great because finally she can tell you what she wants, and you don't have to guess anymore. it makes things a lot easier for everyone!
I finally got to see them....She's so smart and I love her laughing. The best is to see kids laughing. They are so pure
Post a Comment