A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Long Beach Island, Day 2

We had our own spiritual discussion as a group today since we were on vacation and couldn't make it to church...since it was Fathers Day we talked about Fathers in the scriptures such as Lehi, Alma (the elder and younger), Mormon, Joseph Smith Sr, Abraham, etc. and the qualities they posess. Although we didn't have the sacrament, it was a great spiritual discussion and we all felt the spirit. It's great that we as a religion understand the role of fathers in the home. What a blessing! Then of course we spent all day at the beach, came back to the beachouse and ate chicken tacos, and then played the newlywed game (Which We won!) We also played SceneIt, the DVD game, girls against boys...girls won 3 times in a row with Lisa as the MVP! What a great day!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, I'm jealous! I miss the beach. You guys look like you're having a great time soaking up the sun. Jealous, jealous, jealous. :)

natalie brady said...

It looks like so much fun!
I love the one of crystal burried in the sand!

Paula-Adam said...

That's awesome! It looks like Crystal will be a sporty girl. I saw her in those pictures holding the football and kicking the soccer ball....Lis, you might want to bring her over and I'll have to coach her. She has a lot of potential. That's awesome that you are having so much fun. Enjoy!

Lisa/Scott said...

Paula, hahaha! I would be honored to have you as Crystals soccar coach...she and Emma can be on a kiddie soccar team together! Scott's already teaching her all about football...she's learning to do the referee signs with him.
Liz...I bet you're not so jealous now that you saw the dead shark on the beach...it wasn't that big...maybe the size of my leg. Just a baby. Also if you saw the sunburn on my back you wouldn't be envious either.

Liz said...

Oooo...sunburn...that's no good! :) So sorry. Dan and I got sunburned on our honeymoon in Cabo and had to spend two days in our hotel room recuperating. :)