
So even though I'm nearly 8 months pregnant, my wonderful husband and I decided that we still couldn't pass up an opportunity to see Jimmy Eat World perform with Paramore last night at the McKay event center in Orem.
Obviously, we were in seats since my stomach is so far out I can't see my toes. I half expected the security guards to frisk my tummy and make sure I wasn't smuggling stuff in, but it was just the same basic frisk they always do on the way into a concert.
Anyway like I was saying, we were in seats, but Scott got the hookups to the best seats in the house and we ended up being closer to the stage than the people in the mosh pits which was great.
The opening bands did a good job. The first was "Dear and the Headlights" who were much better than I expected them to be. The second was "Paramore" who Scott and I were both familiar with, so we liked watching them, and then we fulfilled our tradition as a married couple and watched Jimmy Eat world for the forth time together.

We couldn't pass up the opportunity because we've been going to their concerts ever since we were engaged, and even though sometimes we listen to lots of different music, this awesome little band from Arizona is our official band as a couple. We may not have a "special song" that most couples have, just a special band.
What a great night! Thank you Scott for taking me to this. I really needed it. I don't know what it is with watching live shows, but I've been addicted to watching bands perform since I was 14 and saw Weezer, and it was really nice to be able to do something I could still do while I was a teenager even though my body, age, and being more grown up and "mature" has set other limitations on what was fun (or what I've called fun) in the past.
No comments:
Post a Comment