A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

"The joy of motherhood comes in moments" -Elder M. Russell Ballard

Probably just like every other young LDS mother, Elder Ballard's conference talk mentioning motherhood as a daughter of God was in my top three favorites.
Crystal threw a horrible tantrum yesterday, probably the worst I've seen in months and months, and yet today all is forgotten.
Here she is sleeping on the couch yesterday just minutes after her gigantic tantrum...how can anyone stay frustrated with that little sleeping beauty?


Today she decided to go all the way upstairs and find a cardboard box that she knew I kept in the office, and haul it down with her clumsy, two year old body, then go upstairs to her room to take today's favorite toys from her toy box, and crawl in the box with her toys and blanket so she could watch Disney's Toy Story exactly the way she wanted to: All cuddled up in a box like a house cat. She must have had this idea all planned out in her head as she seemed never to hesitate in any moment as to exactly what she was doing.
I can't believe that this little person who's only been on the earth for two years, with so much creativity came out of me. I can't believe I took part in bringing someone so precious and wonderful to this world. Every day she makes me laugh. Everyday I look at her and see so many of the Christlike qualities that I want to have.
All the cute and sweet moments really do create true joy in my life. When I took this picture I was laughing and said "I love you!" and she looked up with the smile in the picture saying "You love me?" How could I not?


5 comments:

Paula-Adam said...

I love those pictures and yes she's a doll. She's getting SO big...

Cathy said...

You are such a good mom! I wish I could forget the tantrums as easy as you. Max has been the creakiest I can remember, but it turns out he has measles. Who gets measles these days! But it's been so hard these last couple of days and I really hope that it's not what's to come when he's two. But if so, I hope I'm as possitive as you!

natalie brady said...

She looks so cute in that box! What a little sweetie!

Jewels said...

Seriously, Lisa - she is so beautiful! Ah yes, Motherhood is a joy, isn't it? My son always seems to take a nap after he's had some sort of meltdown. It's like all they need is a little rest, and all is well! And as soon as they smile at you and they are happy, all is right with the world - how can you stay mad at something like that! I remember having Art Class with you in 7th grade (remember that?? Holy so many years ago), I am not even surprised that you have such a creative daughter!

Liz said...

I love posts like these. They make me feel even more tender toward my own children. I love Crystal's "fountain" hair on the top of her head. :)