A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, February 11, 2008

What a man!

Scott has been hired at his first job since graduating! Hurray! He's been hired by a privately owned CPA firm in Murray. Details as to weather we want to move further up north or not are still being decided.
We've been praying for someone to take a chance on a college grad with no outside experience for the last month and a half. We were worried, because out here in this state there are at least 10 colleges, so most people around here are looking for experience rather than a college grad that they can grab any time they want. Even more, we were hoping that we could find a job that will support us and our two children.
Our prayers were answered as we found a job that not only will support our family, but also give Scott the exact experience he needs when he eventually takes over his father's CPA firm in Philly. The job requirements are require exactly the same expertise that he needs to develop to feel confident taking over his fathers business. Our prayers have been answered, and we're thankful to our family members who were also remembering us in their prayers.

I am so proud of my husband! He has worked so hard for this opportunity. He was working full time in the day, and going to school full time at night, and coming home stressed out and exhausted. He has been dealing with the stresses of home, with the needs of his now pregnant wife, and needy toddler who also want his time and attention. He takes time to cook the meals at home when I've been feeling sick and queasy from the pregnancy. He takes the garbage out. He helps change diapers and clean. He has come with me to every prenatal appointment of mine, and every pediatric appointment for Crystal. He took three days off work when I came down with the flu a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't get out of bed, just to help me out. He tells me he loves me every day, several times a day. He never makes a decision without checking on how I feel about the situation. When I'm tired and worn out, he still has the energy to play games with our daughter and make her laugh. He makes sacrifices every day, and learns to deal with my pregnant raging hormones as they change by the moment. The list goes on and on of what my poor husband has gone through, and continues to go through on a daily basis to give us a better life. I love and appreciate him. For Valentines day this week, he has more than made my dreams come true with a beautiful family and a happy and productive life. He is a wonderful example to our little girl. He has always been my hero and continues to be there to take care of me.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Congratulations! How exciting it must be. I'm really happy for you guys!

natalie brady said...

YEA!!!!! A real job! I can't wait for that day. Congrats!

Liz said...

Congratulations, Scott and Lisa! That's awesome. Way to go.

Lisa said...

Congrats on the job!!I am glad that you will stick around Utah a little longer!