A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, February 11, 2008

A dedicatory video...

I met Scott the day before Valentine's day in 2004. Because of this, Valentines day is very special to me.
I was at an institute dance with his friend, David. Our first Valentines day spent together was in a group date the next day, where I was once again with our now mutual friend.
When I first met him the night before, I thought he was kind of cocky because he made a bet that he could get five different girl's phone numbers and a date the next night all at that same dance. He did. I don't know what made it more cocky to me...the fact that he claimed he could do it, or the fact that he actually did do it. OR the fact that the next night when we were all together hanging out again, that his cousin pointed out a random girl in the room for him to hit on, and he went home with her number too.
After many group hangouts, I got to know him much better and realized that not only is he much more humble than he will ever admit to, but that he was very dedicated to the Gospel and we had much more in common than even I knew possible.
I'm so glad I found someone who has the same point of views, same standards, and the same passion for life that I do. After all, he may be a hot blooded Italian, but I'm a hot blooded Latina, and we do great together.
I've never met such a forgiving, dedicated, and noble person. I'm still very much in love with him, and I always will be. I made this video to show how great the last four years have been since that night we first met.


6 comments:

Cathy said...

This video is so cute! It looks like you guys are still very much in love!

natalie brady said...

What a cute video! I know what you mean about Valentine's Day, It is way better when you have someone to share it with, but I thinks I've always loved it. Remember when we made valentines with army guys attached and handed them out at school? It's just such a fun holiday!

Familia Forsloff said...

Im so gld everything is working out for you guys with his job. there is nothing sweeter than seeing two people truly in love!
and I thought you were gonna marry a 5'2" bolivian man who only spoke quechua:)

Liz said...

What an awesome video! I loved it. You guys look like such a fun, cute, happy, in-love couple. :-) Happy Valetine's Day to you both.

Paula-Adam said...

that's SO cute! I love the pictures and I couldn't help laughing when you were. It was pretty funny

Lisa said...

I didn't know that you guys met around Valentines. I loved how you talked about both being hot blooded(Italian& Boivian) Do you remember the days when we called it Single Awareness day and dressed all in black?