A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I feel bad for not updating this little blog as much as I used to. I've been distracted.
Anyway, This Thanksgiving season we sort of had 2 gatherings. One with Scott's brothers and cousins and the other with My family and cousins.
First off, we put up the Christmas tree 2 nights before Thanksgiving because we didn't have time to do it on any other day. Crystal is almost 3 so her appreciation for the Christmas season is huge this year. Watching her be so excited for Christmas has made Scott and I feel like little kids all giddy for Christmas cause we can see it through her eyes.


Here are some pics of our little dinner the night before thanksgiving with Scott's brothers and Cousins. It's so much fun to get together with the Itri boys. I love Scott's family!

Here are Johnny, Danielle, James, Jason, Dan and Scott


and here's Dan, Kelsey, and Scott



and here are Jonathan and Julia


Scott's talented brother, Todd, cooked the meal. You can get some of his recipes on the link labeled "In Your Kitchen" on our link list to the right.

The meal was delicious. I didn't take pictures of the food, but here we all are at the dinner table.





We had a great time. Of course we were all so loud that I'm sure we disturbed the whole neighborhood, but it's all good. It was worth it.

Okay, so the next day was Thanksgiving day, and I really WISH I took pictures of all the fabulous food. We had a huge turkey, two roasted ducks, an excellent vinegar salad, fruit salad, amazing stuffing and mashed potatoes, Sweet potatoes using Scott's moms magical recipe, and for dessert there was pumpkin pie, apple pie, flan, and Maracuya pudding. (Flan is a latino dessert, also Maracuya pudding...Maracuya is passion fruit in English.) Again, if you could see the food, you would appreciate it. I did, however, get pictures of us hanging out at my parents house that day:

Check out my cute Son!



And my lovely daughter...



and here are Scott and I with our kiddies:





Here are some more family members:

My mom cooking in the kitchen


My aunt and cousin with Seth


Denise (my sister) playing with Crystal


Chris and Maggie with Seth while Seth throws a fit.


Look! A variety of Latina chicks! Ooooh Yeeeah baby!


Oscar Maggie and Crystal, Fio and Maya



Crystal and her second cousin Maya (Maggie's daughter)


So that was our thanksgiving. The day after Scott and I left the kiddies with my parents and we went to a company dinner that his boss held for all his employees and their spouses. We ate at the Asian Star in Sandy. It was a very classy restaurant, I'd never been before. There was even FREE valet parking which was appreciated in the cold weather.

Anyone who goes there HAS to try the Walnut Shrimp! It's a party in your mouth! I'm picky about my seafood, but this plate got 5 stars from me. Go try it!

Have a nice day.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Lisa, you are so beautiful. What a fun family you have, too. I haven't really seen Denise in a million years.

Lisa said...

I am glad you had a fun Thanskgiving. Lis, you look beautiful in every picture. It was fun to see pictures of Maggie. I haven't seen her in years. I didn't know she had a daughter.

Cathy said...

Yay! You blogged! I love these pictures! You have such a cute family. I'm glad your Thanksgiving was good.

SLL said...

How fun to have family close by on both sides to enjoy the holidays with. Seth is getting so big! I agree with the others you look beautiful in every picture! Motherhood becomes you!