A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, December 29, 2008

How our Break was


My goodness, so much has been going on and there's so much to write and not enough time to write it!
First of all, right before the Christmas break, Lisa accepted a dental assistant job for Mondays and Fridays...and once spring hits, every other Saturday. They offered her more money than she expected, along with a promise of a raise every three months until she reached a certain amount. She was also promised health benefits and paid holidays. Not bad for twice a week!
For new years Eve, we went to an open house/ party at Lisa's grandparents house. It was nice to see so many in that family we haven't seen in so long. Here are the kids all dressed up for the open house:

That night, we did what is sort of a new tradition, and made a gingerbread house together as a family. Crystal had a blast!

That night after Crystal went to bed, Santa came and made a drop off at our home.

The next morning, we were up at seven, so Lisa's not wearing makeup, but agreed to be in the picture...it's a Christmas miracle! Ha ha ha!

Then we had a wonderful breakfast with orange juice, eggs, bacon, and orange danishes. By ten in the morning we were heading over to Lisa's parents house to have another round of opening Christmas presents with them. Here is what their tree looked like.

Crystal got a many more gifts there...including her own pair of ruby slippers so she could be just like Dorthy. We also had our Christmas dinner together at Lisa's parents house.

After dinner Crystal fell asleep on the couch. Note that she's wearing her new shoes.

Uncle Jared and Aunt Alisa came over and spent some time with us.


We all sat down and watched some old home videos to laugh and remember the past, and then we spent the night there. The next day we decided to play in the snow that the snowstorm left us for Christmas. Crystal got to wear her new snowsuit.

Anyway, I could talk about the holiday forever, but I've been making this post for way too long. It's time to finish it. Other things that happened is that Lisa's cousin, T.C. got married and it was a lot of fun to see him and his beautiful wife Coralee so happy.
Crystal also turned THREE years old. We can't believe we've had her in our lives for three years already! Man time flies. We love her so much and can't imagine our lives without her cheerful voice and laugh in our home. She was sick on her birthday so we couldn't go out, so she sort of had two celebrations. One at our house, and one the next day at Grandma's. Her two favorite presents were a Baby doll from Mommy and Daddy, and a bike from Grandma and Grandpa.


Have a nice day.

2 comments:

natalie brady said...

Yea! I'm so glad you finally updated! I've been wondering what you were up to!

Lisa said...

Your back!!I was wondering what you had been up to. I laughed when I read your comment on my blog. I am ready for your advice one how to look glamorous during pregnancy. You looked great the entire time. I want to know your secrets. It look like you have been having a lot of fun. Congrats on your job. It is nice that it is flexible and you want be away from your family too much. Where is the office at? You have such a beautiful family! Crstal looked darling at the wedding with her red shoes. Seth is such a little man now. Parker had a little cap just like the one he is wearing in the pictures. I have my heart set on having another boy. We need to get together soon!