A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nail Biting!


Crystal has developed the habit of biting her nails...something both her mom and her dad do as well. The problem, however, is that lately she's been biting when there's nothing left to bite, and consequentially puts herself into a lot of pain by biting down to the skin. Then, she comes crying to mommy and daddy cause her fingers hurt. Well, in order to stop this habit we purchased nail biting polish and applied it today, and even though it's been making her gag she still won't stop putting her fingers in her mouth. Hopefully with enough gagging she'll figure it out, but so far the future looks bleak.

This is a picture of her biting her nails again an hour the polish was applied...

it's not the brand, cause I tasted it and the stuff tastes absolutely awful.
Here is a clip of her gagging over the taste while biting again, about two minutes after I took the picture above:

What's a parent to do? Hopefully she'll get tired of gagging and stop. I didn't even know a one year old could get into the habit of biting their nails.

5 comments:

natalie brady said...

I can't get it to play on my computer, but I'm sure that it's funny! my parents tried that stuff on my sisters to get them to stop sucking thier thumbs and they just sucked it off too.
P.S. I didn't know that you could spray spiders with clorox to kill them, I'll have to try it, and trust me I don't like squishing them either, but I don't like them running around my house even more!

Liz said...

Yeah, the video doesn't work for me either. I can't believe a one-year-old can develop a nail-biting habit! That's crazy. Well, I'm sure someday she'll overcome it. Anders is a thumb-sucker...something I'm sure I'll be fighting in the near future. :)

Liz said...

It worked! It's so sad. Does it break your heart? Oh well, it's for her own good. She would probably chew her fingers raw without it, huh? Sometimes it's hard to be a parent!

Ramsey said...

I think my parents tried that stuff to get me to stop sucking my thumb. hahaha.. it didn't work.

tinybubbles said...

Lisa that is so funny! Yuck! I've heard of that stuff for thumb sucking but not for nail biting. Actually, I hate to tell you this but she's really cute when she's biting her nails! Keep taking these videos...they are really fun to watch!