A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Naptime Wars
Lately Crystal refuses to take her afternoon nap. Is this a phase? Usually she pouts and whines a litte when she doesn't like something and it's over, but lately shes extremely ademate about naptime...it's as if she feels she's being punished by it. After her lunchtime the other day I proceeded to tell her once again that it was naptime and she flat out yelled "no!" and shook her head. I thought it was funny. I asked her why and she pointed to the fridge and said "mas?" which means "more" in spanish...she was asking for more food. I ignored it and figued she was just stalling, but in the process of trying to remove her from her highchair, she threw a tantrum. I figured maybe she really was hungry so I put a little more food on her tray, and after putting 2 pieces of food in her mouth she was out cold. As funny as this was, I don't know if I'm just going to have to fight her everyday to make her take a nap or if this will pass...I'll guess I'll have to wait and see. Any of you moms who have experienced this and figured out a soloution feel free to comment. (:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Will she play in her crib? I started calling it quiet time with Soren, because sometimes he just didn't sleep. He'd be in there for two hours just playing with his blankets, pillow, stuffed animals, etc. But at least I still had my alone time while he was quietly (and sometimes not so quietly) confined. On those day that he doesn't actually sleep, he just has an earlier bed time (which is also nice sometimes). :) Sounds like Crystal is asserting herself. That's good for creating autonomy, but frustrating for you. Hope it all turns out well! Good luck.
After christian was born nicholas stopped taking naps too. nap time became a 2 hour war, and eventually i just gave up. i stopped forcing it and he would fall asleep in the most random times and places, after about 1 month of not forcing it i started to put him down again and we didn't have problems anymore, i think he just needed time to forget whatever it was that was making him not want to take a nap.
Post a Comment