A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Scott!!!!

Today is Scott's birthday.

I wish we could go out on a date and to the movies, maybe spend the day in the park with the kids, and sing happy birthday with a cake, but it's tax season.
Scott leaves the house at 7:30 in the morning (when I wake up) and comes home at 10:30pm these days. When he gets home I'm so tired from being with three kids all day and he's exhausted from being at work, (not to mention Jakey wakes us up every 2-3 hours still) we just go to bed once he's home. He usually doesn't see the kids on weekdays. They miss him like crazy.
I'm not trying to complain, I know that a lot of other fathers in the world are around a lot less. One of my close friends has a husband in the military and she just had her fourth child. She's spent several Christmas's, birthdays, anniversaries, and weekends alone with her kids. I've seen how hard it is on her, and so when I complain about Scott not being home for 3 months I feel like a jerk compared to what she goes through.
What can I say about Scott that I haven't already said whenever I praise him in previous posts? Just that I'm really really thankful to have him in my life. I know that 7 years of marriage isn't much to many other's who grow old together, but at this point in my life he's very much my other half. I once read a book by a marriage psychologist who said that it takes an average of at least 10 years for a married couple to really get used to each other in a marriage, and live life comfortably together in spite of how differently they were raised. I feel like I've already reached that point even though according to the author, I'm 3 years early. I can't imagine life without him and when I try to describe how deep my feelings run for him, I can't come up with the words. Which is interesting, because I've always been a better writer than speaker...you'd think I could figure out something eloquent to describe it besides the word "Love". He is just wonderful. I'm thankful for his birthday so I can have a day where I can celebrate his life, even if he's not right next to me at the moment.
So what to give him for his birthday has been a dilemma lately. I'm not allowed to spend money on him for his birthday. I want to do SOMEthing for him, so I made a video of the kids answering random questions about him in an interview...like those cute "Out of the mouths of babes" video's.
This is what I came up with, and it took me all week to get it together right. Let me know what you think (Forgive the choppy editing...I'm still an amateur filmmaker. Ha ha.) Although youtube may be responsible for slowing it down. That's my biggest issue with videos on youtube is the delay.
Also...my kids are crazy, and getting them to sit still for an interview is an adventure, so I added a blooper reel at the end to show the reality of getting my kids to do basically ANY thing here at home. Enjoy.


3 comments:

Alisa said...

Oh man, that was too cute. I loved the bloopers too. Happy Birthday, Jaco--- I mean Scott! :)

Lisa said...

You have the cutest kids! What a fun bday present! It was fun hanging out with you a week ago. We need to get together again soon.

Sara Bosler Castro said...

That was hilarious and so adorable. What a great idea. Seth totally cracks me up.