
As part of a belated birthday celebration, at the very end of January, or early February (I already can't remember) My dear friends Lisa and Janalee took me out on an all day girl's only excursion as a gift.
When we were young and single, the guys we used to hang out with would refer to us as "Lisalisajan" All one word. It was our nickname for the three of us. People would plan something and say that they needed to call "Lisalisajan" when they wanted to get a hold of us. Of course we loved it because being referred to as a unit made us feel kind of famous.
Anyway on this day went to the Temple together, which is something that I've only done with my spouse, my family, and only my closest of friends. We went to the Timpanogos temple, which has always been dear to me because it's the temple I got married in.
This was actually the perfect gift from my friends, because like I mentioned earlier, I had been really stressed out during January and coming to the Temple felt like a breath of fresh air after working in a coal mine for a month. I always come out of there refreshed and ready to face the world again, not to mention it's one of the few places I can go to organize my thoughts and feel inspired as to how to deal with my life's little issues.
Afterwords we went out to eat and then bought gourmet cookies. It was a blast. It's so great to be able to stay close to old friends after so long. I'm thankful for our 15 years of friendship.
Lisa enjoying her drink
Jan laughing at a joke
Lisalisajan then and now:
1998

2011
Awwww, love these girls.
2 comments:
Very cute!!! and what an awesome idea to go to the temple. You guys inspire me...and just remembered that Adam and I need to go this month..awesome!
I am glad that we got to hang out that day! It was good times!We will have to do it again soon. It was fun seeing that old picture of us. Love ya!
Post a Comment