A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, February 7, 2011

Catching up because I'm late as usual

Okay so I should make this quick because I'm ridiculously behind. My life has been a little loco, but I'll take crazy over boring any day as most people who know me could tell you.
SO...

On Dec 17th, Scott and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We were able to drop the kids off with my folks and do our own thing for an entire day, which was fabulous. Scott as always bought me roses before our date and we had a romantic dinner, did some Christmas shopping for the kids (which sounds boring, but we actually have a blast picking out what toys our kids might like) and watched a movie. I know I always say this, but Scott is the best. Before you all groan and roll your eyes at my lame swooning, let me give you an example. The other day I'm in sweats, glasses, a ponytail, and no makeup. I'm minding my own business watching TV and I look up and see him staring at me. When I ask him "What is it" he tells me that I'm beautiful. He does this for NO reason. I snort and laugh him off and he said, "No really...you have a 'wow' factor that just makes me look at you sometimes." Seriously....how amazing is it that I found the only man on earth that is somehow deliriously all about me in all my ugly glory. Seriously, all I needed was a retainer and I would have been in full nerd bloom. The part that floors me is we've been together 6 years and he still thinks that. I'm so blessed to have him in my life. I keep waiting for the day when he wakes up one morning and feels ripped off for having a goofy, sarcastic, unfocused random women as a wife who hates cooking and is prone to breakdowns during her time of the month. All I know is that happiness truly is being married to your best friend. I'm thankful for these last 6 years and the adventure we've been on together as a married couple. Like all marriages, we have our ups and downs, but our ups are so high it's worth everything.


Moving on.


Christmas...
Um... Okay first we had a White elephant gift party with Scott's family. The rule was that we each spent 10 bucks,and then we played "Dirty Santa" style...meaning we can steal gifts from each other on different turns. Since Itri's are all competitive, this would be entertaining.
Kelsy...the Master of dessert making, provided some awesome appetizers as usual.



Hanging out




Presents!!!


Anyway, good times were had by all, and there was lots of stealing and squabbling over gifts.

Speaking of gifts...

Crystal and Seth hit the jackpot this year.



Seth had several new additions to his superhero collection



Meanwhile Crystal had enough cute girly things to last a lifetime.



Of course they needed presents they could share too.









Okay fast forward...




Crystal turned 5 at the end of the month. It's been a month and a half and it still blows my mind that I'm the mother of a 5 year old. Not just any 5 year old, Crystal. She is and always has been an amazing blessing in my life. Not only is she my beautiful little girl, but she's my friend. She's an amazing older sister, she helps me around the house, and she keeps me company when Scott works long hours. I love my little monkeygirl.

We took her out to eat at one of her favorite restaurants, Chillies, and she was allowed to order whatever she wanted on the menu.


Of course she got her favorite dessert, Molten Chocolate Cake, and she shared it with Seth.


For her present she got the Sleeping Beauty doll pack from me, and a leapster video game from Scott. One of these days I need to plug the Leapster Explorer. It's small and portable and you can buy games for it, and the best part is that all of the games are educational, which is great since we've been teaching Crystal to read so that she'll have a bit of a head start when she goes into kindergarten in the fall.


Next...




New years eve.


We were lucky enough to have Scott's parents, Nick and Margie in town for Scott's aunts wedding, so we were able to enjoy New Years Eve with them over at my parents house.





While we were there, I somehow managed to break one of the nutcrackers that my parents had on display. Not just break him, I cut his head off. I don't know how these things always happen to me.



There was TONS of food.





Seth kept sneaking in between people in line to steal grapes.





Good times were had by all.


















So that was December.

JANUARY


Honestly, January was kind of a pain in the butt for me, so I kind of prefer not to remember it. I'm talking traffic tickets, two flat tires, a misdemeanor, appearing in court and traffic school. This sounds like I'm some kind of reckless driving lunatic, but I was only going 8 miles over the speed limit and the judge knew the cop who pulled me over was crazy, so he just sent me to traffic school and gave me a small speeding ticket in the end. That's the EXTREMELY SHORT version.

Also I turned 31. Scott invited a bunch of family to come over to celebrate it, and we made and ate our own pizzas, Kelsey made cake and we watched the movie "Unstoppable" together. It was probably the only decent day during the whole month, and of course, it was because of my amazing husband who put it all together.

Here's some birthday pics:

My annual obligatory birthday shot taken by Scott. Someday I'll be able to line them all up in a row and see myself age through photographs and weep.



Johnny flipping his pizza



















So that was January.

Stay tuned for February...
topics will include Temple trips with 2 of my girlfriends whom I love, preparing to move to a bigger home, our crazy life with our fabulous children, traffic school, Valentines day and potty training. Yikes.

3 comments:

Ramsey said...

Lady, you should update more often :)

Paula-Adam said...

Lisa, glad you are bad...I though you were dead..LOL no, I'm kidding....anyway, let's get together soon...and let our girls play-let me know when

Lisa said...

It was fun running into you at Walmart last night! I enjoyed reading what you have been up to. Your kids are adorable. It is hard to believe that Crystal is five.