The girls liked the idea of kickball, at least I did. Memories of gradeschool glory days were running though my mind. Kickball with grown Itri boys is a little different than elementary though. Many injuries ensued. First of all, all the boys tried playing barefoot which turned out to be not a very good idea because thier legs and feet got red. Dan killed his foot in the process and ended up limping on it the rest of the day.
It was actually kind of fun for me though, even though I never made a home run, nor will I ever... at least all I had to do was kick. I'm good at kicking; all those years of Tae Bo are paying off! Crystal and Seth were occupied with the sand pit at the volleyball court which actually enabled me to participate more than I thought I would too. Unfortunately, they were both covered in sand from head to foot afterword. Seth had a layer of sand on his scalp that I swear was a centimeter thick. Gross! He got it in his hair, his ears, his eyelashes, his clothes, his diaper, everywhere.
Anyway the event was a "bring your own meat" event so we all cooked our own meals on the grill and watched the Phillies game afterword. Just when things were going to be fun with a campfire Seth started freaking out and Crystal was getting fiesty too...it was close to their bed time so we just went home rather than deal with what was sure to be stressful. Alas, that's the life of a responsible parent.
Dan icing his foot:
...and here's Jason examining said foot:
Meanwhile, Scott cooked hamburgers:
Seth dug the massage chair:
The boyz watching the game. A common view around Itris:
Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment