So this is a little over a week late, but Scott's brother and my Brother in Law, Kyle went to the Missionary Training Center last week to dedicate 2 years of his life to serving the Lord. We had family in town and ate good food and had some really great, and some really enlightening conversations late into the night. Unfortunately, I was pretty terrible at taking pictures for the most part, but was still able to stop being distracted by my kids enough to at least take a few. The night before Kyle left, we all hung out at Aunt Jill's house to eat dinner and give him advice. It was a great night, and a few tears were shed while people said their goodbyes and reflected on how the Gospel, and teaching the Gospel has affected their own lives.
OF COURSE there was time to watch a Phillies game first:

...and here are a few pictures of everyone just hanging around the house:








Some of us couldn't be there, but Rob, Stephanie, and Brian were able to talk on Skype, say hello to everyone, and say their goodbye's to Kyle. I loved the way everyone gathered around the laptop to see them, I found it really endearing.


Anyway, it was great to see family, and Scott and I, who are both returned missionaries along with many in our families, are so proud of Kyle and are really excited for the opportunities he's going to have in Ecuador.
2 comments:
Cheers to your post (too)!! You mentioned something towards the beginning that I ALWAYS say...I tell people that it takes a lot for me to get offended because we are all in this world together and just trying to make it through the best we know how. Some people find solitude in their Religion, others in their own psyche (sp?). No matter what your beliefs are, it's ok to make mistakes, just learn from them and move on.
On another note, I HAD a friend up until recently who apparently got offended about my posts on FB and stuff I'd put in my blog that instead of telling me,she just stopped talking to me. She's one of those who thinks she is so righteous, that she forgets, we are all in this together. Bugs me, but I have to walk away too and live my life how I see fit. I wonder if she realizes she is judging me? Oh well, I may never know.
Thanks for your comment Heather! I agree with you in that trying to assume the other person is doing their best you can keep from feeling so critical towards them.
I'm sorry about your friend, I hear it all the time actually...seems a lot of people fight on facebook which makes me laugh a little, cause it's facebook...one of the most random and strange sites ever. If it makes you feel any better I'm sure I offend people all the time. I don't try to, but like you, I live my life how I see fit, and it doesn't always win everyone's approval.
Post a Comment