A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Friday, April 2, 2010

Why my passport pictures suck


10 years ago I was an 18-19 year old punk rock girl who enjoyed being loud, having fun, and pushing peoples buttons. The joke however, was on me because the way I looked was recorded for all to see for the next ten years.
THIS is my passport picture from 10 years ago:

Okay, so all my hair is to one side with dark roots exposed, I have bushy eyebrows...probably to match my furry collar, and I look like I'm about to make a smart alec remark to the photographer, but other than that, it's not that bad, just really dated. At least the skin color is accurate, unlike my current one.
You'd think that with the next picture, I'd be prepared. Here's what happened. I wore white instead of black this time, my hair was all the same color and I wore red lipstick. The "photographer" tried to put my hair behind my hears for me, but some was sticking out. I was also informed that I wasn't allowed to show any teeth, and I needed a closed mouth smile. The flash made the lipstick pop out a little too strongly...but not too bad. I looked at the pic and thought it wasn't too awesome, but I figured I could live with it. Wrong. Here's why:
When the passport people mailed the actual passport to me, they COMPLETELY washed out my face, making my nose virtually disappear. Not to mention adding wavy blue lines in the front. Also, the black hair, red lipstick, vampire white face doesn't do much for me at all. I've decided that if Michael Jackson and Marilyn Manson had a baby together, it would look like my passport picture. Here's proof:
This is Marilyn's mugshot:


Here is Michael:


And here, ladies and gentlemen, is my passport pic:

Scary how much I look like the two of them isn't it? Especially Michael. Go, scroll back up, look at it again, and then look at me. If you take Marilyn's hair and mix it with Michael's awesome make up, you get this.
My sister suggested I wear mime makeup and cover my nose when I show them my passport at the airport, so they'll be able to recognize me. I'm thinking she has the right idea. The best part? I get to live with this super hot picture for another 10 years. Wonder how bad the 40 year old pic will look, since apparently they're progressively getting worse.

6 comments:

Alisa said...

It's not so bad! But what's with the picture quality getting WORSE over the years rather than better?? Your original picture is much better quality than the new one??? Weird.

Unknown said...

interesting...I like it! You look good..what are you talking about?

Megan said...

Reading this story and looking at those pictures made my day.

Nathan said...

LOL!! I love your posts!! Honestly what is with the wavy blue lines and the wash out?! At least the vampire look is in right now ;)!

Unknown said...

How can such a beautiful person end up with such a goofy picture. It doesn't even look like you. Maybe the passport people got bored and wanted to try Photoshop.

Heather said...

Mr. D was standing behind me when I was reading this and I think he chuckled louder than I did!