
Tax season's over, the weather is getting warmer, and we're ready to have fun this summer!!
First off, we're going on vacation, WITHOUT the kids. We keep telling everyone we're going to Cancun, because they know where that is, but technically, we're going to a beach town a few miles further south on the same coast, called Tulum. This is what it looks like:

It's just as nice as Cancun, but without the crowds, which is utterly awesome since both Lisa and Scott hate crowds. Why do we hate crowds? Go to walmart on a Saturday afternoon or a Holiday and ask that again. Observe exhibit A:

Just LOOKING at this picture is making me grind my teeth. My issues with crowded grocery stores are even worse than my road rage, a weakness that will probably get me shot by some old lady packing heat.

Anyway, the fewer people on the beach, the better. So that's the plan. We're taking off next Friday and we'll be gone 9 days. Am I excited? Obviously. The only problem? I'm going to miss my babies. Yes it will be wonderful to take a break, and yes sometimes I want to slam my head against the wall in frustration at the quirks of motherhood from time to time, but I love my little turds. Not to mention my son is more addicted to me than Lindsey Lohan is to crack. I'm not saying this to pat myself on the back, it's incredibly endearing, and a little empowering, but also makes day to day life inconvenient. The fact that he's a Momma's boy is an understatement. Example? Every time I leave the room to go to the bathroom he bursts into tears. I wish I were exaggerating. The only way we survived Disneyland last October was the fact that I could carry him in the sling, thereby making him feel like Mommy was holding him all day.
Anyway, I'm a little nervous about how my parents are going to handle him during his emotional turmoil. As we speak he's clawing his way into my lap while I type because he thinks it's mandatory to force himself into my lap whenever I sit down for longer than 5 minutes. Honestly though, Scott and I really need to get away. Especially because we hadn't seen much of each other the last 4 months or so because of tax season and his working so hard, so I guess we'll see what happens. When it comes to making time to hang out with your spouse, you've gotta do what you've gotta do.
So that's about it for what's on our mind lately, probably by the next post I'll have cool pictures of our adventure on the Coast of Mexico.
On other news:
2 weeks ago I DID get to hang out with some of my cute gal pals from the high school days, and it had been a super long time since I'd seen all three of them, so it was a treat to catch up on old times and enjoy each others company. Not only that, but I remembered to bring a camera!
The only other thing that's happened in the past month was the MUSE concert on the 5th, which I went to with my sister in law Jenna. If you wanna see pictures of those, they are on her blog on my family linklist to the right...under the names, Mike and Jenna. She already did a whole cute post about it so if you care, you can read all about what we did, how the concert was, and the poser in the green headband who we made fun of the whole time.
...Okay okay, I'll let you see what he looked like. Yes I took a picture of his stupidity, he deserved it.

Gotta love the Utah preppy boy trying to go for the Brett Michaels look. What a tool.
So I guess that's all I've got for the month of April. It's been a pretty good month. We're contemplating on going to Philly in the middle of June, and actually bringing the kids, so they can enjoy the beach with us too, that way we don't rip them off out of a summer vacation. That's not set in stone yet though. My poor babies. I'm so nervous...I don't know how to not worry about them every second of the day. This will be weird.
5 comments:
Have so much fun on your vacation!! It's tough leaving your kids, but you'll enjoy it so much. I wish that I had been in town when everyone got together. Hopefully this summer when I come up we can all get together too.
SO jealous...but I'm going to an overnight-er with Adam for our anniversary next week..to a bed and breakfast and we are going to have a private little cabin...sweet hu? nothing like what you are going to have but just a little getaway...HAVE FUN on your vacation!!! and take lots of pics
How nice!! I am super jealous!! (Someday...) I will just have to live vicariously through you so you better post some awesome pictures ;)!! You'll be around at the reunion in July right? We are coming out and I hope I get to see you guys!
Oh you are going to have so much fun! Parents deserve vacations like this. We come back better parents. I need one soon!
Oh you are going to have so much fun! Parents deserve vacations like this. We come back better parents. I need one soon!
Post a Comment