
So March is the month of birthdays in my family. All my brothers, and my husband, are all born in March. This means, lots of cake. I cheated on my diet, and ate chocolate cake for dinner on my husband's birthday, which caused me to gain back 2 of the 8 pounds I lost. Boooo!!!
You don't understand. It's a lot of work for me just to loose a pound, so this was a slap in the face. You might want to ask yourself, "How can she gain 2 pounds from a piece of cake?" You make a valid point. The problem is, I had FOUR pieces of cake, because it tasted freaking amazing, and for the 10 seconds it took me to eat all four pieces, I was a frantic, crazed, wide eyed lunatic, who lost all sense of responsibility.
When it comes to making up for days where I fall off the diet wagon, I always say, don't do the crime if you can't do the time. This has caused me to intensify my workouts, and even resort to waking up early in the morning, to have more time to torture myself with treadmills, aerobics and yoga. (Nooooo!!!)
Most people who know me can tell you that I'm NOT a morning person. Causing me to look, and act much like my 21 month old son when he's sleepy:

(This looks much cuter on him than it does me.)
Here's a picture of my man and the two kids on his birthday.
Even though we had a birthday celebration with some family in the middle of the week, on his actual birthday, we did our own, private little family thing at Chili's restaurant, which by the way wasn't very good. Seth was tired and acted like a poop head and Crystal egged him on by fighting with him over who got the red crayon to color on the kids menu with. Even though the food was blah, and the kids were double blah, we still enjoyed ourselves cause we actually got out of the house together. So somehow we came home happy.
I think our biggest problem, is we're addicted to "The Texas Roadhouse" restaurant, where you get high quality food for your money. No other food tastes better than it lately. So that's where we went to eat on Wednesday with my family, to celebrate his, and my brother Jared's birthday.

Anybody who lives in Utah and hasn't eaten there is missing out, and I truly feel sorry for them. Really.
Even though I complain about gaining two stupid pounds, I'm actually really glad that Scott had a good birthday. It's hard with tax season and his working so hard, for him to relax and enjoy himself. I love that man. He truly is my best friend, and getting though life's daily adventures is never boring when he's by my side.
5 comments:
It was fun hanging out with you today! We love Texas Roadhouse too! We went there last month and ate way too much! The rolls are my favorite!
Birthdays are so great, its like you can eat guilt free....till the next day that is! I have to agree Texas Roadhouse is amazing!!
you're so funny lisa! i love you! i'm glad scott had a good birthday...sorry about gaining two pounds, i know how depressing that can be. but i am embarassed to say i have never been to the Texas Roadhouse. can we still be friends?
Yummmmm, cake!!! I so know how you feel, dang those stupid scales!!! Why can't they just tell us what we want to hear! Glad Scott had a good birthday!
Yum, Texas Roadhouse! No worries on the cheating...life is too short to deprive ourselves from good food at times (even if it was 4 pieces in 10 seconds!)
Post a Comment