A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, September 8, 2008

"So what have you guys been up to?"

People ALWAYS ask that question, and so for ANYone who cares, here's a small little everyday life preview at home.

Seth:
Seth gets bigger everyday. It's fun having a big baby for a change. Here he is looking like a sack of potatoes sleeping in the recliner...his favorite place to sleep.

He smiles more and bigger every day. We love to hear him coo and watch him smile at us.


Crystal:
People always ask us how Crystal is adjusting to being a big sister. She's absolutely crazy about him. She loves him and has immediately assumed the role of nurturing big sister and protector. When he's in his car seat she refuses to leave his side. Here she is watching him in the car seat like she does everyday.

She loves to be outside, and has recently discovered playing with grasshoppers and watching The Wizard of Oz. She wants to be a princess for halloween (of course) and she and Lisa do everything together.
Here she is eating chips while we watched the Eagles game on tivo yesterday (note the orange doritos mouth):


Lisa:
Lisa loves being a mom. Though some days are harder than others, the adjustment from one kid to two isn't nearly as difficult as she thought it would be, and hasn't intimidated her at all since he's been born. There are days where she actually thinks its pretty easy, but that cause she built it up in her head to be a harder task than it actually turned out to be...something she does all the time. It helps to be madly in love with your children. Here's a picture of another common everyday scenario, Lisa sitting with both kids on the recliner at the end of the day:


Scott:
Scott is loving his job, his wife, and his kids. He comes home in a good mood everyday cause his job is the greatest. He loves to "sit at home" with his family on weeknights since they're all the company he usually prefers. He's also the happiest man alive with Football season being back, and the Eagles winning their first game 38-3. We now sit as a family and watch the Eagles games every week, and we're all pumped for the rest of the season. Here he is sitting in our throne during yesterdays Eagles game with Crystal on his lap:

7 comments:

Paula-Adam said...

That's so fun! I'm glad that Scott is liking his job. It makes such a difference. I love the picture of Seth....he's such a CUTE chubby little guy....I wanna grab his cheeks so bad....cute cute

natalie brady said...

Great update! Can I just tell you how cute your kids are? I'm sure you know, but I thought I'd tell you anyway. Seth's dimples just melt my heart, I love them!

Lisa said...

What a fun post! I can't believe how big Seth is! I love his dimples! Crystal looks so grown up and beautiful eating her cheesy chips. We are glad that things are going great for you guys!

Don&Stacy&Boys said...

Seth...what a little lumpling! I love his little round tummy and his chubby cheeks! Crystal is so cute too. It is great that you guys are so happy together and are enjoying this stage in life. You got bangs Lisa, it looks very good on you.

Lisa/Scott said...

Thanks, Stacy...I don't suppose you remember this, but you were with me in the 6th grade when I decided to grow my bangs out for the first time. I even remember lifting up my bangs on the playground to show you what my forehead would look like without them, and we both laughed cause at the time it looked weird to us.

Cathy said...

I love the pictures! Your hair looks hot! and your kids are adorable!

Liz said...

What a great post! Seth is so cute and has the most awesome smile. He so totally looks like Lisa, it's crazy! Crystal is beautiful and Scott really does look like he's on cloud nine with the return of football. :) Lisa, you look thrilled in your threesome picture. It's hilarious! :) Aw, we love and miss you guys!