A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, September 22, 2008

Campfire Craziness



Well, the weather is getting nice and cool outside, and before long, it will feel too cold to go camping. (Though I've done it several times, I'm not a fan of camping in the snow...especially with kids).
Anyway, we've spent the last 2 weekends up in the Mountains with our little family, and also our siblings. The first weekend we cooked hot dogs, and the second we made schish kabobs, which were fabulous, along with Todd's really good Potato Salad. It was great fun for everyone.
It was still really cold up where we were, so the kids had to be dressed really warm. Seth was in several layers with blankets and all wrapped up in my baby harness to keep from getting cold. He basically slept the whole time. Crystal loved her warm outfit, but surprisingly got bored of the campfire scene after an hour. Maybe next year she'll appreciate it more. It was great fun, and because we were in cabins, we got to watch a scary movie at night and a funny movie in the morning, which made the camping experience complete. This is my favorite time of year to go hiking too, cause it's not too hot anymore. We need to do that before it gets too cold.

6 comments:

Liz said...

How fun! We have yet to take our boys camping. Crazy, huh?!

Cathy said...

That looks like tons of fun! I love this new weather we're having!

Lisa said...

Where you at the Dehoyas cabin? I have some great memories from when we went there together. Running throught the forrest and scaring ourselves to death. Good times and Great oldies!

Jewels said...

I am so tempted to go up to our cabin and spend a weekend...it sounds divine! You are a good sport - I can sort of camp, but not very well. Isn't Fall the best? I love it!

Lisa/Scott said...

Lis...it was a different Cabin, but yes I remember running around at night in the woods and freaking out. Sometimes I want to go back in time just for an hour or so and re-live our craziness when we didn't care about anything but having fun. I'm so glad we had so much fun though, we can't say we never did anything interesting can we?

Katy Truman said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Your little guy is getting so big already. Hope everything is going well.:)