A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day

What a fabulous fourth of July weekend! This was the first independence day we spent with Scott's family, and it did not dissapoint. We went up to Aunt Jill's house in Layton to hang out and have a barbecue. After we ate, we went up to a nearby park and had a huge family game of softball. Yes, even the wives played, and it was fun.



After that, we took a break back at the house and Crystal played on the slip and slide with Her great aunts Jill and Cathy, and great uncle Michael.



When the slip and slide was taken down and put away, everyone played a whole lot of volleyball.



Then we went to watch the fireworks show:

Then we went back to the house yet again to use some of Todd's "Special" fireworks to blow up some tennis balls, and after that we played games until 3:30 in the morning. It was a super long day, but a lot of fun! Hope you all had a happy fourth!

5 comments:

Paula-Adam said...

What a fun day you guys had. The best part about it is that you get to spend time with the family. Good for you guys!

Lisa said...

It looks like you had a fun and busy day. I loved the pictures of Crystal on the slip n slide. The soggy diaper is classic. I didn't know that Lagoon had a fireworks show. I can tell that you tried out the firework option on your camera. I used it too. Our cameras are the best!

Cathy said...

Fun picture! Looks like you guys really enjoyed the 4th. Your family is so cute!

Liz said...

Okay, baseball, slip and slide, volleyball, Lagoon, and then games until 3:30am! You are crazy!! I love all the pictures, though. Here are my favorites: the picture of Jason at bat is awesome. Very classic. I love the soggy diaper picture because I am no stranger to soaked and sopping diapers. Crystal on the bench in black and white with a red shirt is great! And I love the picture of You, Scott and Crystal looking up at the fireworks. What fun!! Happy belated 4th!

Lisa/Scott said...

Yes Liz, we were crazy. It took me all week to recover from the fun. Managing a newborn at the same time didn't make it easier, but it was great to get out of the house and feel young and careless again.