A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Going to Heaven


Crystal has been learning about the Joseph Smith story for the past while is has been pretty fascinated with it. Along with that she also likes talking about Heavenly Father and Jesus.
Last night when I was tucking her into bed she looked concerned and said "Mommy I don't want to go to heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus." I asked why and she said "Because then I will be lost!" So I told her not to worry and that we would all be in Heaven together, and that she would be with Mommy, Daddy and Seth too.
She then replied: "We're all going to the forest then?"
I then realized that because we've taught her that Joseph Smith went to the forest when he saw God and Christ, that she connected Heaven with being in the forest. I told her that Heaven wasn't in the forest and that it was a different place, and that we would all be there together one day, which made her happy, and I figured she understood.
As I kissed her goodnight and walked out the room, I heard her saying as I closed the door "We're all going to a different forest, okay Mommy?" lol. I think I'm going to have to show her some more pictures of Heavenly Father and Jesus in other places besides the Sacred Grove.
It's so much fun to watch her learn about the Gospel. I just love my little girl!

6 comments:

l i z said...

that's such a cute story! it's awesome that you're documenting this kind of stuff; you don't want to forget these things. the picture is just adorable too!

Cathy said...

How cute is she!? I can't wait until Max and I can have those conversations.

tinybubbles said...

Wow!!!! She is so smart!!! You should be very proud!

Telisa said...

What a sweet picture! How are you doing with your new baby? As for ballet, my girls are going to the covey center for the arts here in provo. But most places take kids starting at age 3. Have fun!

Liz said...

Hooray! Heaven is a forest! I will be quite happy there. :) Thanks Crystal!

natalie brady said...

That is really cute!