A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, June 9, 2008

Meet Seth!

When I went to the Hospital this morning I was already dilated to a four. Within three hours I was completely dilated and pushing. He came out so fast that his face was pretty bruised up, but he took it like a champ! He weighs 7 pounds 12oz and is 19 inches long. Considering that I was in labor 11 hours with Crystal, the time flew by so fast that it was a totally different experience than last time in every way. All I can say is I am so thankful for the invention of the epidural! We love him so so much! Having a baby is complete proof that there IS such thing as love at first sight! Crystal loves him. She cried and cried that she couldn't take him home with her yet when grandma and grandpa were leaving with her.

8 comments:

Paula-Adam said...

LISA CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! He's SOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Ramsey said...

Congratulations!! He is so adorable!

tinybubbles said...

Congrats Scott and Lisa! Those pictures of Crystal and Seth together are so cute! You look fantastic, too! Keep those pictures coming!

Lisa said...

Lisssss! Congrats! I am so glad that he is here! It sounds like your labor went really well. He is a handsome little guy. I love the look on Crystals face. She looks like such a proud big sister.

Lisa/Scott said...

Yeah, when you consider the speed, I'd say the labor went well, but it took me by surprise. I was dilating so fast that I was already to almost a 6 before I got my epidural, so it was much more painful than the first time for that reason...and my water broke while they were injecting me with it and my water went EVERYWHERE which was kind of embarrassing. Within a half hour of being dilated to a 6 I opened up the rest of the way...the nurse was really surprised too, she had to run and grab the doctor and I had to hurry and start pushing. It was crazy.

Don&Stacy&Boys said...

Yea!!! Congratulations on your son! How fun to have a girl and a boy now. Glad to hear your labor and delivery went faster than the first. That is always nice. Enjoy your new little one. He looks so precious!

Cordell and McCall said...

So cute! Congrats!!!!

Marilee said...

Seth is beautiful and perfect! We are so excited that your new addition has finally arrived!! Keep sending lots of cute pictures!!