A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, June 16, 2008

Hope you all had a great Fathers day!



YES, I REALIZE FATHERS DAY WAS A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, but I'm still figuring out a routine as to how to take care of two kids so I'm a little behind on everything.
Even though my husband already got his Fathers day gift- an iphone...oh and a son too (; I'd like to do one more thing and give 10 reasons in no particular order as to why I love my man:

1. He cooks dinner. I'm a scavenger eater, meaning I fish around and pick at foods throughout the day rather than make my own meals. I'll make a small meal for my daughter for lunch, but I'm really lazy when it comes to dinner. If it wasn't for Scott I'd starve.

2. He tells me he loves me several times every day. Who doesn't want to hear that they are loved? The other thing he does everyday is he thanks me for cleaning the house.


3. He always makes time to play with his kids when he's home from work and tired.

4.He can fix almost anything that's broken. Before I was married I used to make fun of men for thinking they can fix everything...but he really does fix everything. The treadmill, the computer, my phone, the closet door, the vacuum, my brothers xbox, etc. The list goes on and on.

5. He's patient. This is a requirement since he's married to me. You people have no idea how much patience I require. I can be pretty difficult.

6. He makes me laugh. It helps that we have the same sense of humor. Our favorite movies to watch together are comedies, we watch those more than any action movie or chick flick together. For us, it's all about laughing at goofy things, including ourselves.



7. He makes sure that I get out of the house frequently. If it weren't for him I'd be cooped up at home all the time everyday. He always makes sure I get to go out to a movie with him or out to eat, or visit with my family. He makes sure that I make time for the fun in my life.

8. He's a wonderful father. There's nothing he wouldn't do for the happiness of his kids. When he's home from work he sits Crystal on his lap and asks her questions about everything she did that day, and he's her big tough hero. Whenever she's afraid she runs to him and yells "Protect me daddy!" She knows he will keep her safe.


9. He's the money man. Not only does he support and provide for me and and our kids, but he manages all the bills and organizes our budget. He makes sure we always have enough money to provide for our needs and still be able to buy things we like just for fun. He's practical when it comes to money, but not cheap. It's because of the way he manages the budget that we're able to live the way we do, and not get into debt either.


10.He's my best friend, and the best friend I've ever had or will have. I can tell him anything going on in my sometimes crazy brain. I can confide in him, trust him, depend on him, and enjoy his company. Without his company or having him to talk to I would be completely miserable. I depend on his voice, his touch, his laughter, his playfulness, and his personality with all his ups and downs to be happy. I need him, and I'm so so glad that he's mine.

No comments: