A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
April 2007
We're finally over most of the birthdays for the year, which makes eating healthier a little easier. Toward the end of the month Lisa took a nasty fall resulting in a torn muscle on the left side of her abdomen. She is currently wearing a rib belt and keeping close tabs with the doctor to make sure that it's only the muscle and not a cracked rib. Funny how you appreciate breathing and eating without pain when you have to be aware of every move you make in fear of having it! She's fine though and she's still pretty upbeat about the whole thing. Life is the same other than that. Recently Scott and Lisa took some time away from Crystal to go on a date and see the movie "Blades of Glory", which was exactly the kind of movie it seems like it will be, but because it appeals to our senses of humor, we really enjoyed it. (If you're a big Will Ferrell fan, this is a must see.) Crystal is doing well. Lately she's practically obsessed with ducks. Anytime we go into a store and pass by stuffed animals, she can immediately point out a duck if there is one, and she has a collection of at least eight toy ducks at home, rubber and stuffed; and she can't sleep without them. "Duck" is also one of the very few words that are in her small vocabulary, along with the usual "mama's" and "dada's" and other typical baby's first words. Although her vocabulary is small, she does, however, understand most of what is being told to her, and can respond to yes and no questions by nodding and shaking her head. She also knows and mimics all the actions to, "the itsy bitsy spider" and "popcorn popping" which I will try to get a video clip of sometime if I can get around to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Allison and I also loved Blades of Glory. I'm glad to read that you guys are normal and also love this kind of humor.
Will Arrnet played the brother of the rival scating duo. He wasn't as funny as I hoped he would be. Did you guys ever see him in Arrested Development? If not, you should check it out. You both would probably like it.
Lisa's sister is obsessed with arrested development and has been trying to get us to watch it for sometime now. We've seen a couple of episodes here and there and you're right, they make us laugh. We actually saw the one with Will Arrnet doing the chicken dance; that was the first one we'd ever seen and it's now my favorite of the few I've seen.
lisa! you poor thing! i know a little about what you mean. while i was pregnant with christian is got tendonitis really bad in both of my feet, every step i took was painful and i had to wear "special shoes" i'm sure i looked rediculous. we really do take things living without pain for granted. it is probably especially hard to keep up with crystal. at least it's only temporary! i hope you get better soon!
Yeah, for a while it hurt to eat the most, (I guess my stomach expands when I eat and it pushes out my ab muscles....I eat like a guy, but you know that.) Anyway eating was a process for me, I had to take Lortab just to get through a meal, and even then I could only eat about a third of my meal; but with my handy dandy uglier than crap rib belt I'm recovering quite nicely. I didn't feel anything being torn when I immediatly fell, in fact I couldn't stop laughing, the pain kicked in about an hour and a half later after crawling on the floor and pretending to be a bear chasing crytal. Probably didn't help. hahaha! Special shoes huh? I wish I could have seen it.
Lisa, ouch!! That sounds so painful - I really hope that it is over soon. Crystal is such a darling. I hope the temper tantrums are just a phase because Megan is also starting to throw little tantrums every time we won't let her do what she wants (ie usually something dangerous). I never knew a one-year-old could whine!! I hope I get to see you when I am in Utah for Robyn's wedding!
Post a Comment