First day of School picture:
| Jumping for joy! |
| The, "I'm SO excited!" squeal |
| Outside the School (which happens to be the same school Crystal has first grade in. Nice.) |
Name tag.
| At the craft table |
He had a great time and is excited to go back. He did really well singing all the songs, doing all the actions and participating with the class. During his one on one speech interview he was extremely cooperative, and already has homework! This week we're working on the letter "F" (He likes to use a 'P' sound instead of an "F" sound when pronouncing some words)
The best part was that the two teachers could understand everything he said and I didn't have to translate because they are used to kids who speak like him. They are really great with him, and bonded with him instantly. So we will see how he does with this preschool program and how his speech develops this year. I think it's great for his confidence and have already seen changes in his demeanor because it makes him happy.
Seth, being extremely active and always needing something to do needs constant attention, so along with this preschool program I also have him signed up for "Itty Bitty football" which starts in three weeks. Again, I think it will be a great outlet for him and help build up his self esteem. Since Jake has been born I think Seth feels like he needs to compete for attention, hence he has become louder and more extreme in his behavior because he wants to be noticed. I actually can relate to Seth more than any of my children because I was a lot like him as a child. I feel like I understand him more than most people, so I get defensive of him when people show lack of patience with him. He's an amazing little boy with a huge heart. He is full of love and constantly craves affection from the people he looks up to. I'm so so so thankful for this beautiful little boy, he is my little partner in crime, and I think I need him more than he needs me to be perfectly honest. We understand each other. He is my boy, and I will do anything for him.
The best part was that the two teachers could understand everything he said and I didn't have to translate because they are used to kids who speak like him. They are really great with him, and bonded with him instantly. So we will see how he does with this preschool program and how his speech develops this year. I think it's great for his confidence and have already seen changes in his demeanor because it makes him happy.
Seth, being extremely active and always needing something to do needs constant attention, so along with this preschool program I also have him signed up for "Itty Bitty football" which starts in three weeks. Again, I think it will be a great outlet for him and help build up his self esteem. Since Jake has been born I think Seth feels like he needs to compete for attention, hence he has become louder and more extreme in his behavior because he wants to be noticed. I actually can relate to Seth more than any of my children because I was a lot like him as a child. I feel like I understand him more than most people, so I get defensive of him when people show lack of patience with him. He's an amazing little boy with a huge heart. He is full of love and constantly craves affection from the people he looks up to. I'm so so so thankful for this beautiful little boy, he is my little partner in crime, and I think I need him more than he needs me to be perfectly honest. We understand each other. He is my boy, and I will do anything for him.
2 comments:
Lisa, he is adorable. SO handsome! I will be starting Gavin in preschool in January if I can get him in...I think it's good for them
yay Seth!!! Looks like you had a great time at school. you look so handsome!! itty bitty football sounds so fun for you! I'm sure you will love it! (picture us with sad faces since we cant come watch you).
Post a Comment