A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hug your babies tight today

The title is advice I try to give myself on a regular basis, especially when I see or hear about parents loosing their precious little children either locally or in the news or through the grapevine.
I'm thankful for the examples of those who have dealt with this pain, for their examples of faith and strength and their amazing ability to press on. 
So with all these things in my mind lately, I get on the news and read an article about this woman who lost her 4 year old little boy to cancer.  Her blog is both uplifting and heartbreaking at the same time. 
Taylor Swift who had read the blog and felt touched, wrote a song together with this mom to honor his memory, pay tribute to him, and to raise cancer awareness. 
I usually don't promote pop stars or country because it's not my kind of music, but this song made me cry my eyes out, especially because I have a 4 year old blue eyed little boy myself, who happens to be a month younger than the boy this song is about.  After I stopped crying, which I admit was a while, I called him into the room and gave him a huge hug and told him that I loved him.  Watch this at your own risk if your a parent.  I don't know if I'll ever be able to hear it without crying. 


1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Thank you for sharing that.