A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Thursday, March 3, 2011

For your reading enjoyment ladies

I was reading this month's Ensign and came across this awesome article about family by Julie B. Beck. If you haven't read it yet, you should. If you don't have an Ensign in your home, you can read it here.

As a wife and mother, I found it particularly moving. Some of my favorite quotes from it were:

"Satan knows that he will never have a body; he will never have a family. So he targets young women, who will create the bodies for the future generation."

"The rising generation need to understand that the command to “multiply, and replenish the earth” remains in force. Bearing children is a FAITH-BASED work."

“Many of the social restraints which in the past have helped to reinforce and to shore up the family are dissolving and disappearing. The time will come when only those who believe deeply and actively in the family will be able to preserve their families in the midst of the gathering evil around us." -Spencer W. Kimball

Anyway I loved this talk.

My family is my everything, and although I'm sarcastic, impulsive, and have an over the top sense of humor that sometimes gets me into trouble, I love my husband and kids with all my heart. My kids light up our house with their happy smiling faces every day. I know that before I came to this world that the thing I wanted more than anything was to have an eternal family of my own. I know it's what I was most looking forward to in the plan of salvation.
Yes, the routine of family life is hard, and sometimes it feels like nobody notices the hard work that goes into being a mother and wife. I wash the same dishes, pick up the same toys, and do the same routine over and over and it gets exhausting, sometimes downright annoying, but the worth of what I have right now makes up for all of the daily annoyances that come along.
The day I got married I thought life couldn't get any better. Then Crystal was born. When that happened I thought THAT day wouldn't get any better. Then of course came Seth. Again, I felt more complete that I ever had in my life. Having an eternal family and being sealed together has brought some of the greatest joy in my life, and it will continue to do so. Of course it's hard sometimes. Everything good worth having in life requires hard work. That's life. However when all is said and done there are three people in the world, (Scott, Crystal and Seth) who for some reason I'll never understand love me with all their hearts. I will always have them and be with them forever. That's worth everything.

3 comments:

Paula-Adam said...

Amen to that!

Kylee said...

I've met Julie B. Beck. She is an amazing lady!

Lisa said...

Well said Lis!! I will have to go read the article. I feel the monotony in my life too but my family is worth it.