A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Celebrating an old friends birthday



Last night, me and some of the gals from high school got together to celebrate Janalee's 30th birthday. We went to an old favorite, the Brick Oven Pizza restaurant...a place we've eaten at often, but we still love. I love these girls. Whenever we get together it's just like old times. I started spending time with them since I was 17, so about 13 years ago, and I still love them dearly. We had a blast just talking about old times. While we were standing and talking and laughing in the foyer, an older woman approached us and said she could tell we were all really good friends, and she told us that we need to stick together and keep making time throughout our lives to see each other. She told us that she's had a friendship with her friends for 60 years, and that they still love and depend on each other, and laugh at old photos together at when they were teens, in their 30's and on and on. She told us to value our friendship always. She seriously was the cutest little woman, and we adored her advice. Anyway, it's great to spend time together with some old gal pals and still be able to pick up where we left off...even though we decided that our maturity levels have probably only moved up about a notch since high school. Hahaha!
After that we went into Danielle's van to cause some mischief, where we ended up laughing and laughing. Danielle laughed so hard she almost had an asthma attack...it took her a good 20 minutes to stop coughing.
I had to add the last picture of us in the bathroom, because, seriously, Men have no idea how great it is to go to the bathroom in a pack. When we were young it was usually to talk about our dates and even decide if we seriously needed to bolt on them, other times its to fix a wardrobe malfunction, but this particular time, it was cause more than one of us had to go, AND so that nobody had to go alone. :)
I seriously don't know what girls do without each other. Every girl needs other girls to lean on, laugh with, cry with, and eat good food with.













































3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love you Lis!!It was so much fun hanging out with you! I love all the pictures you took. I am impressed you already have them up on your blog.

ChristopheRobyn said...

How fun! I so wish that I was in town for it. I'm glad that you guys had a good time. I need to get together with everyone next time I come up there!

Heather said...

I love girls night! You guys are lucky that you still live close to one another. Those of us that move state to state are constantly remaking friends to even be able to participate in girls night so enjoy those nights, and make them a priority!