Kyle
Scott's brother, Kyle, got his mission call to Quito Ecuador. We all got together to open up his call. Here he is on the far left getting his parents on the phone while we all sit in his apartment waiting for the big moment.
Stephanie, Rob and Brian got to watch through skype zoom in there peeps you can see some eager faces waiting for Kyle to open the dang letter:
I'm not gonna lie...I'm really happy he's going Spanish speaking, but I'm as biased as they come so my opinions not the one to ask as far as that goes. So even though he probably doesn't even know I have a blog, Congratulations Kyle!!! You'll have the time of your life!! Seriously though, South America is the best. Ever. Forever. No questions asked. Que Vivan los Latinos!!!
Family comes to town
Anyway, in my religion, it's typical for the young men to go through our temples for the first time after they get their mission call. So Scott's parents came out for that because it's a big milestone for us. After he went through, we all went out to eat at...yup, the Texas Roadhouse again. Not too sure how many members of the gang liked it though, it's more of a hang out place than a family place as some of the older people in the group quickly figured out. We took up two and a half tables, so I did the best I could for pictures without annoying everyone.
Since everyone was in town we took the opportunity to take family pictures...which I don't have yet, but here's a picture that Scott took of me and Seth while we were sitting in the grass waiting for our turn to be shot. Check out our matching shirts! Can't wait till the more professional ones come out.
Here are some of the kids courtesy of Stephanie's camera...hope she doesn't mind that I'm using them.


Memorial Day
We went to Scott's aunt Jill's place. The day was Jam packed with activities. We ate Pancakes in the morning during the baseball game, played volleyball, played softball, went swimming, ate pizza, then there was miniature golf.
The kids were obsessed with being outside all through breakfast
Eating pancakes
Seth is obsessed with being treated like an adult lately. He refuses to be spoon fed, prefers to eat with a fork (under supervision of course) and demands the same size a serving as any adult. He ate a whole pancake by himself.
The sand on the volleyball court was goofy, so the boys raked it so that it would be nice and soft and smooth for their game. Regan helped his dad rake the field like a big boy.
Seth's only desire was to play in the sand and get dirty.
Then the group played volleyball while I watched the kids, which really bummed me out, cause everyone knows how obsessed I am with playing sports....um...okay so I don't play any sports nor do I plan to ever become good at them, because as we've established in my previous post, I am a leprechaun/pixie and leprechauns don't play sports, we'd rather just enjoy mother nature. Scott thinks I'm a redneck because I told him I'd rather go shooting than play volleyball, and yes, guns are sexier than sports for me any day of the week. As far as physical activity goes, I'm a hiker/camper/fisher/backpacker girl, so naturally I married into a family of.... jocks? I know...I don't get it either, but love has no boundaries, and me and my man are living proof of that. He loves math, I love literature. He loves electronic gadgets and computers, I love music and art. What can I say except that we balance each other out. I was telling the same thing to a friend recently that when opposites marry they learn from each other and both become better. His Italian blood mixed with my Latin blood lead to a lot of good times, hilarious memories, lots of passion and never a dull moment.
Anyway that was how we spent the last half of May and then in June we went to the East Coast again for another Long Beach Island trip, which is probably posted above since I'm finishing this post a couple months after I started it.
2 comments:
Lisa, Lisa, Lisa...it is August, and you are just now blogging about Memorial day?! You're almost as bad as I am haha! Can't wait to see the professional family photos!
That's because on a daily basis my life seems boring...until three months go by and I have a ton to catch up on and then I feel overwhelmed and panic. Baby steps...
Post a Comment