A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, December 9, 2013

Trees!!

My whole life I've had fake Christmas trees in my home.  Not Scott.  His parents always always always cut down their own tree.  For 8 years of our marriage, we always had a fake tree, but NOT this year.  This year, on the East Coast, we joined the Itri clan and chopped down our own real life tree.
I actually loved the experience.  Something about looking for your own perfect tree and doing the work to get it yourself made everything more Christmas-ey and magical.
I love the smell of pine needles in the house, and it was a lot of fun.  The kids thought it was the best thing in the world.  I'm glad I tried being all outdoorsy for a change.  It was worth it.


The place was called 'Bernard's Tree Farm'  it was basically in the middle of nowhere.  You pay 35 dollars (cash only) to pick a tree you like, chop it down, and take it home.  I'm still not over how beautiful the Pennsylvania landscape is.

"Cheese!"

Seth, Cousin Jensen, Crystal, and Cousin Reagan.


Dan and Kelsey, who's into her last trimester.  

Rob, Stephanie and family






No family event is complete without a "Jacob meltdown."  


We found it!  The tree of our dreams!  (Also the right size for the living space we have.)







Scott is blowing on Jakey's hands to keep them warm






Crystal took this one of us walking back to the car

Grandma Margie holding cousin Tanner



All bundled up


In the parking lot


Brian hanging out with us

Adorable cousin Tanner in the warm car

Rob loading tree while Reagan and Jensen say hi

Margie securing the her and Dan's tree on their car



Tying the tree to the van

Time to set up!

Jacob's first attempt at decorating the Christmas tree.  He had about a 20 percent success rate the rest of the time he just played with the ornaments, which is why we went with plastic this year.










No comments: