I love my little peanut. She is my only daughter, and my most responsible child. She is the dream child I never thought I could possibly deserve.
This week we got to spend a lot of time appreciating her, starting with Monday afternoon when she had her school program. The program was centered around grandparents, and so she invited my parents to come and watch her perform. She did a great job.
Every song was about how much they loved having grandparents, and during her speaking part, she mentioned that she loves going on vacations with her grandparents, and that when she's a grandma she will go shopping for pretty clothes.
After the program, my parents and I joined her in her classroom for milk and cookies. It was a great day. She was so excited to perform, and my parents were crazy enough to show up an hour early so that they could get the best seats to her show. Granted, it's a huge elementary school and if you don't show up early for these things at her school you have no place to sit, but my parents fully admitted that they were nuts and they were okay with it.
So the other big thing for Crystal this week was that she got to perform in her first dance recital ever!! I loved getting her all made up and doing her hair. Also, I've decided that the cutest thing in the world was seeing all the little girls in big frilly tutu's all dressed up like princesses to perform. All the kids outfits were adorable. Crystal's dance/theme was centered around the movie "Brave" from Disney. Here she is in costume and makeup.
 |
| All made up |
 |
| Her cute little outfit |
 |
| She did a great job being patient and letting me do her hair! I had to make it pulled back so that the wreath would be prominent, but also wanted to make it pretty and not just a bun. This is what I came up with. |
 |
| The stage!!! Crystal waas SOO excited to perform on a "real stage" at night time. |
 |
| The recital was Disney themed. |
 |
| In front of the programs at the enterance |
 |
| There she is! |
 |
| She loves this movie |
 |
| OH my gosh there were so many cute little girls and performances!!! Loved all the little performing princesses. |
Here she is with her friends, talking and getting ready to go on and perform:
 |
| With her friend/school mate |
 |
| Jacob kept surprisingly busy during the recital. I was worried because he is so crazy but he actually had fun entertaining himself. |
 |
| He's roaring like a bear |
 |
| Watching the other performances |
 |
| Friends! |
 |
| Waiting in line to go next. I love Crystal's face in this one because it shows so much of her personality. |
 |
| Performance time! |
 |
| She did a great job! She looked like a little angel up there! |
I am so proud of her. I can't say that enough. Mostly I'm proud that she found something that she loves doing. I didn't want to be the kind of parent that pushed her into anything to make her feel obligated, but she chose dance herself when I asked her what she wanted to learn to do, and it's been doing a great job building her confidence and making her feel talented. The first time Scott saw her dance he had a smile from ear to ear. He was proud of her too. He said that he had no idea that he would like watching her dance so much, that it would make him feel impressed that she was developing a talent, and that she is good at it. I loved watching Scott's face while he watched her dance, it made me fall in love with him all over again. He is such a loving father.
She was also excited to see her grandparents there to see her again, her aunt Denise, her uncle Matt and her future aunt Ale. Thanks guys for coming to watch her perform!
 |
| Roses from grandma |
 |
| She also got a little packet with a tiara, wand and bracelet from her teacher before leaving. |
Most of all I'm thankful for an opportunity to honor my little Crystal. I'm thankful for her spirit in my home, for her helpful attitude, her willingness to please, and her unconditional love. She truly is my little princess, and I am so lucky to have her. She is everything a parent could want in a daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment