1) Scott owns his own business now
Scott still works a lot even though tax season is over. He is in the process of opening up his own tax accounting firm. It's kept him insanely busy, but we're hoping that the as busy as he is right now, it will pay off in a couple of years. I'm really proud of him for all his hard work in supporting his family, and we would have never guessed that he would have had the opportunity to own his own firm at 30 years old. Hopefully this works out.... It's kind of a risk, but also a great opportunity if it's successful.
2) Crystal was in her kindergarten talent show
Crystal's class had a kindergarten talent show where all the kids were able to share a talent. The kids and the talents shared were all super cute. One little boy blew a bubble with bubble gum, another little girl did a cartwheel, another little boy built a tower out of legos, another little girl could hula hoop for a minute straight, etc. Crystal chose drawing as her talent because she loves to draw and spends all day at home drawing pictures and practicing her drawing skills. So for her talent, she presented some of her artwork and explained how she drew the pictures, then she demonstrated to the class how to draw a flower.
I was so proud of her for being brave enough to show off her talent in front of her whole class. She was a little nervous, but did a fantastic job.
3) Mother's day
As always, I enjoyed mother's day. It's nice to sit back and reflect on what it is to hold somebody's life in your hands, and it also intimidates me when I think about how much their futures, their self esteem, their habits, and their mental health depends on me. Motherhood is both wonderful, and overwhelming, and intimidating, even though I have three now, I still feel like I'm learning as I go. I stay up late in bed sometimes thinking about each kid, and whether or not I'm giving them all the love and attention they deserve. Scott always tells me I worry too much because of how much sleep I loose thinking about what I could have done better to be a better mom to them. If I have a day where I'm frustrated with one of them and snap at them, I go to bed feeling guilty until I can apologize to them. I know Mother's day is a day to be appreciated for the work I do, but for me it's also a day to keep myself in check, and for ME to appreciate these three beautiful, perfect little people who make my life wonderful. Also, I got flowers to make my home happy. Who doesn't love flowers?
I love Sunflowers. If it were up to me I would always have fresh sunflowers in my home.
Crystal also brought me a gift that she made me in her kindergarten class. She brought me these lavender smelling bath salts:
and, my favorite, a hand made card:
She drew her and I together on the cover
"To Mom. I love you. I think you are the best mom ever. I will always hold you in my heart. I love you more than anyone in the whole world. I will always love you."
THAT is why I feel like the most blessed and luckiest woman alive. To have my child write me notes like that and mean what they say.
Seth also decided to draw me a picture for Mothers Day, and so he drew me this dinosaur:
He was so proud of himself because he thought to glue pencil and crayon shavings on top of the dinosaur to decorate it. The best part of it was seeing how proud he was of his artwork. He was so excited to show it to me.
Jake gave me a gift too. His perfect smile!
It was a great Mother's Day.
The last thing that was important for us this month is that
4) Crystal Graduated Kindergarten!!!
For her graduation she had a kindergarten Hawaiian luau party with the class and all the parents. It was so great to see her perform, she was so cute singing and dancing with her class. She was so excited to wear her Hawaiian looking clothes for the party.
Here she is, sitting with her class waiting for the program to start so she can start singing:
Singing the itsy bitsy spider
My favorite was her classes dance number to the beach boys. Here is a short clip of all her cute little dance:
My petite little pixie is SO darn cute!!! I love her so much! Cutest dance ever!
Crystal is really sad that she had to say goodbye to her teacher, Miss Johnson. Here she is in a picture with her so that she can always remember her:
Here is Crystal with her best friend Taylor. Taylor lives down the street and since they've been in kindergarten together they play at each others houses and find each other as quickly as possible during church activities so they can play. Sometimes they get in some pretty silly fights, but they always end up friends again. Taylor didn't want to smile for the picture because she was too embarrassed to smile.
Here is Crystals other good friend, Daniella. When Crystal first started kindergarten she was terrified of Me and Scott leaving her alone in the hands of people she didn't know. She was terrified that I'd forget to pick her up when school was over, and because of it she would have a lot of anxiety when I would try to drop her off. Daniella helped Crystal feel better. She would hold Crystals hand and tell her it was okay and walk her into the classroom with the rest of the class. Crystal was thankful for a friend like Daniella to help her get over that first week and a half of school when everything was so intimidating.
Last but not least, we have Crystals "boy who's a friend" David. The story of David is hilarious. He and Crystal first spoke on picture day during the first month of School. Crystal showed up in ringlets, a silky shirt and a cute little knit vest and when David saw her he approached her and said "You look so Beautiful!!" She responded with "I don't know you." and turned the other way. David was persistent over the next couple of weeks though. He would always try to sit by her, talk to her, and I would always see him say hello and goodbye to her every time I dropped her off or picked her up from school. One time after he said goodbye to her after school and she got in the car, she complained to me that he always followed her around and talked to her and that sometimes it was annoying. I told her it was important to be nice to everyone. Over the school year they became friends. This David kid was a crack up. He told Crystal that at his birthday party, Crystal needed to come dressed up as a princess and he would make all the other girls dress up like pigs. I don't know where a kid that age comes up with that stuff. The funny thing is that when I was Crystals age I hung out with a little boy too who everyone called my boyfriend, and ironically enough, his name was also David. Anyway, here they are together, and he's showing off his missing tooth in the pic:
Here they are chatting. He is telling Crystal the story of how his dad pulled out his tooth with a piece of tissue paper, and Crystal just can't believe how crazy that is.
It was a great day. Crystal is pretty sad to leave kindergarten though. When we were in the car going home, she started to cry a little bit because she was going to miss her teacher and her friends, and because first grade just seems too scary! I did my best to tell her that she would love first grade just like kindergarten and that she'd see a lot of the same kids.
Words cannot describe how I feel about my beautiful little girl. The very second I heard her little cry on the day she was born changed my life forever. She is my princess, my friend, and my angel. Scott and I were so proud that this weekend we took her to the store and bought some pretty hair bows some other things and gave her a "big girl makeover". Stay tuned for those pics in the next post.





No comments:
Post a Comment