1) Cut her hair
2) Pierce her ears
Scott and I had just accepted that there was no way we could get her to do either, because for the longest time she loved her long hair more than anything, and the terror of having holes poked into her ears was just unthinkable. Then, randomly, a week after her kindergarten graduation, she changed her mind.
She figured it was time to look like a "big girl" and told us she wanted a haircut with her ears pierced. Scott and I agreed since it was a great opportunity to celebrate her graduating from kindergarten and becoming older.
To tell you the truth I think I was more anxious than she was when it came to the haircut. Even though I didn't show it, something made me a little sad about seeing her long girly locks get cut off. In part it was because she's growing up, and I want her to stay little forever, but also because I actually love doing her hair. I love putting braids in it and trying out hairstyles on her. However, I was 100% supportive, because it's what she wanted, and she's a cute girl so I knew it would look good on her. All I'm saying is that I miss playing with her hair.

Like I said, I knew she'd look beautiful no matter what.
So next was to get the ears pierced. She was a little nervous, but she was willing to be brave. I was going to post a video, to show that she didn't cry, but some people might still find it a little sadistic to show a little girl getting her ears pierced. Basically she made a shocked face with no sound, but as soon as she saw herself and her ears in the mirror, she smiled and was happy. She was so glad she did it. I was also six years old when I got my ears pierced, and I remember the day even now. I felt like I could relate to her.
She chose to have her birthstone as her earrings. Blue topaz crystals.
It was a really fun day for everyone, and Crystal loved having a day dedicated just to her. She showed off her new look to her friends in church the next day and her best friend couldn't stop asking her about what it was like to get her ears pierced. I think Crystal felt like a movie star.
1 comment:
so beautiful Crystal! I LOVE your haircut and earrings! but seriously, stop growing up!
Post a Comment