A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Monday, April 9, 2012

EASTER dude. Easter.

I love Easter. Love love love. I love Easter even more than Christmas. Why? Because the cold weather is mostly gone, the sun is out, birds are chirping, grass is green again, blossoms are growing on trees, even the air feels brand new. Not only does it symbolically remind me of the resurrection with nature coming back to life, but I'm just a happier person when the sun is out. Scott is convinced that I have that seasonal disorder where you start getting depressed when the weather is bad. I blame my Latin blood. I need sun. I am a weirdo who will go outside and just sit in the sun for no reason except to feel it on my skin. It's therapeutic for me. Also who can forget the joy of a Cadbury egg on Easter? Those morsels of awesome deliciousness are extremely high on my priority list this time of year.
Anyway Easter is my favorite holiday for so many reasons, for religious and non-religious reasons.
Unfortunately if you scroll back on my blog to last year's Easter the only picture I took was of the kids Easter baskets. Why? Because I was trying to survive my first trimester of pregnancy and the only thing that mattered at the time was trying not to throw up.
I hope I made up for it with this year's pictures.

On Saturday morning my neighborhood/ward had an Easter Egg hunt in the park right behind my house. If it were anywhere else, I probably wouldn't have gone, but it was really easy to wake up and go out the back gate. Also, I felt obligated to keep the kids busy because Scott was working yet again for tax season. (This is the part where I repeat over and over to myself in my head that we are lucky that he has such a good job in this economy and I try not to be negative.)

Seth actually went nuts, he took off like a bullet and filled his basket with way too many eggs. Occasionally when he wasn't looking I would take some eggs out of his basket and toss them into the grass for the other kids...I didn't want to be one of those parents that get crazy competitive over an Easter egg hunt, and I didn't want my kids to be one of those kids that push smaller ones out of the way so they can greedily hoard their little buckets full of toys and sugar. Yeah, that's the other thing, I didn't want my kids to come home with a mountain of candy. So I told them both that they needed to get seven eggs, and then we would eat breakfast, which was provided at the activity. Overall, they had a blast. My only complaint was that it was so early in the morning that it was freezing, (even though it got hot by the afternoon) and I had to stand in line with three kids and somehow get them all plates of food by myself because I was husband-less. Serving three plates of food with a baby in your arms and two clumsy kids who like to drop things should be a requirement to get into a heavy duty circus act...if you succeed. When I try and do it, it's just pathetic.

ANYWAY here are the pics of that event:





Later that afternoon we went to my parents house so that we could have company while we colored Easter eggs. My brother's son, Issac was there at the same time, and they had a blast playing with him while the eggs were boiling.


Let the egg coloring begin! I didn't want Seth to ruin his shirt, so he's shirtless int he pic below, which of course means he had to show off his guns.

Later that same evening, Scott was able to make it home by 7:30 so we had some more family (from his side this time) over and we all made ourselves pizzas. We started doing this a couple of years ago, everyone brings their own dough and pizza toppings (sometimes we share) and we all make our own personal pizzas for dinner together. I like this little tradition because Scott and I did it with a group of friends when we first started dating...and the first time we held hand. I don't remember, but Scott claims that I was the aggressor and grabbed his hand first. Figures. :)










After everybody left the "Easter Bunny" left out some goodies for Crystal and Seth. He figured Jake could wait till next year when he is old enough to realize that objects exist.






Another thing I love about Easter is that we get new Sunday clothes. Here are my sweethearts all dressed up in our Easter getup.

By now the kids were freaking out a little bit, so we took a couple of quick shots of the whole family and called it good.



We ate dinner at my parents house and got to hang out with family. Here is Jakey with his Great Grandmother/my Grandma.


Whenever there is any chocolate around, Seth ends up with a mustache...


This one looks more like a Hitler mustache with a tiny goatee...



My brother Jared and Scott with Seth, discussing technology




EASTER EGG HUNT!!

I love my family insanely. I'm so thankful that I can be with them forever. Hope you all had an awesome Easter.

2 comments:

stephanie itri said...

so fun! Is it ok that I kind of hate when you talk about the fun Itri traditions? I hate that we miss them! I dont hate that you have them or that you enjoy them, this whole thing isnt coming out right. I just wish we lived by people!!! I just want to squeeze Jake in that suit!!!! I love it! I will show Reagan this post tomorrow, he is soooo excited about Seth coming. We talk about it every day. I know how you feel about going to that activity and trying to get the food with all the kids. This time of year when I go places and try to do things its just a joke. I too have to remind myself he is working hard, I'm not an actual single mom and I should just enjoy being there. Instead I whine about it being hard. trying not to do that to Rob though. He never complains about working so much just that he misses us so I really shouldnt complain that I had to grocery shop with the kids. anyway, such great pictures!

The Andersons said...

I love your kids.they are magazine worthy. they are a-freaking-dorable. well done. looks like you guys had lots of fun! I love Easter. but not as much as Christmas. ;)