A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My second Halloween in Pennsylvania

I really had fun this Halloween.  Last year I was still getting used to life here, I felt somewhat out of place and awkward, not to mention the  postpartum hormones were running rampant.  Out of every Halloween I've ever had, it wasn't the best, but then again it wasn't the worst. The worst Halloween I ever had was at a UVU dance when I was just barely in college and dating someone I grew to hate.  Maybe some day I'll tell that story. The only good thing about that year was the amazing wig I had as part of my costume.  Like I said, long story.  Last year was much better than that year. I at least liked the people I was with and didn't have a bad time at the gathering, I was just adjusting.
 This year a lot more planning was involved along with a healthier happier more adjusted me.  The two combinations made it a good year.
Crystal and Seth were super excited for their school parade and party.  Here they are marching along with their classes.





Seth wanted to be Super Mario again this year.  According to him, he wants to be Mario every year, but maybe that will change as he ages.  Crystal went as Princess Anna from Frozen.  I thought she would pick Elsa for sure since Elsa was the huge Halloween hit this year with all the little girls, but I kind of love that my daughter went down the Anna route, Anna is quirkier and adventurous and more curious, and I thought she fit Crystals personality really well.

Here they are enjoying their class parties.









All the little cousins went trick or treating together, which they absolutely loved.  We went to a nearby neighborhood and they all got more and more excited as they saw their buckets and bags fill up with more and more candy.  I'm pretty sure it was the best day of Jacob's entire life.  Now that he's nearly three years old he understands so much more and had been looking forward to this part all month long.  He kept walking around saying, "Happy Halloween!"  Sammy on the other hand was a little bored.  He's still too young for the festivities.
Here is our little family.  Scott is an Eagles Fan.  Sammy is a little dragon, and Jake of course is Spiderman, which is this years current obsession.  I constantly find him climbing on things and hanging from different spots of the house because he's Spiderman.  Even though he already has about 5 different Spiderman outfits, he needed a new one for Halloween.  So there you go.  I was sort of a Donatella Versace, (google her face) meets a feminine hobo.  Just played with the face paint and put on whatever I found around the house that seemed like a costume.  It works right?  Whatever.

All the cousins came over so we could go trick or treating together.  Here are all of the cousins taking a picture together before the trick or treating started.

Our Halloween get together revolved mostly around the kiddies.  Seth was on cloud nine.  After the trick or treating we had activities set up at the house, including homemade pizza, face painting, (I just did it instead of hiring someone, because I like doing that stuff anyway)  and some games Stephanie prepared, including pin the eye on the monster, and some balancing acts for prizes.  Then they had a scavenger hunt that led to prizes in the upstairs family room where they could watch a halloween movie under blankets and hopefully go to sleep.  Everything went well except for the sleeping part.  They were way too amped up on sugar and excitement to do that.


















Due to Jakey's drooling problem the paint on his chin is already gone during this game.


Crystal doing a bean bag toss


"Look at the masks we made!"





Cookie decorating with aunt Kelsey




When Seth went to bed that night he was acting sad.  When I asked him what was wrong, he stated, "I'm depressed because Halloween is over and now I have to wait a whole year to do that again.  I don't want to talk about it."  It made me giggle.  Glad it was so awesome for him.  It was a great success this year.  Everyone had fun and it was great to see the kids have such a blast.

No comments: