I will soon post an update of how my family and everyone is doing, but really quick, I wanted to recommend this new site released by my church. It's been in the news recently, and it's regarding my churches belief system and standpoint on feelings of same sex attraction.
I love this site because over and over again, it talks about hope that things will improve in spite of dealing with things or feelings that pull you away from our Heavenly Father spiritually. EVERY body deals with some kind of spiritual struggle, a struggle that can make you feel farther from the spirit if or when you act on it, it may not be this same issue, but every body, every body has feelings that can cause tendencies toward some kind of action that can pull them away from feeling Heavenly Father's presence in our lives.
NOW I have to put in a shameless plug here for my dear dear friend who is actually featured on this website, and I couldn't be more proud of her and her husband for being able to tell their story so openly. If you go to this site, scroll about a third of the way down to the second section labeled, "Our common Humanity," click on the video labeled "A Personal Experience, Ty's story," and you will hear about Ty who is the husband of one of my favorite favorite friends ever, her name is Danielle, she is a former coworker of mine, and has been an amazing, supportive, and easy to trust friend of mine for the past nine years. I actually attended the wedding celebration of her and Ty and I couldn't be more proud to call her my friend. Ty, her husband, shares his story of how he was able to stay close to the Lord and trust in him in spite of what his genetic tendenciess were, and how because he chose to stay close to the Lord he was blessed and able to overcome many of the temptations he was dealing with and fall in love with someone (my friend) who he was able to marry in the Temple and have a family with. It is a beautiful, authentic and wonderful story. I love this couple so much and I'm proud to know them, and stand by them as my friends. I will say, that what worked for them specifically doesn't work for everybody, and I'm aware of that, I'm not trying to preach to anyone, but I will say that I believe with all my heart that whatever our internal and emotional struggles are on this earth, that there is a way to be happy, and there is hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment