A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Some recent pictures

There will be much more to blog about in a month or two with my Brother in law Kyle coming back from South America, an appointment for new family pictures, Crystal starting first grade, Seth starting preschool and getting him signed up for Itty bitty football, etc. etc. 
For right now though, no huge changes really.
Jake is sitting up, playing and trying to learn how to crawl.  He will be 8 months old this weekend.  Can't believe he will be so big already. 
He is still a little spitfire.  Really.  Out of all my kids he is by far the most aggressive and vocal and he's just an infant.  Sometimes it's frustrating, sometimes it's hilarious, and sometimes it actually makes me kind of proud that the little guy is such a fighter.  I get the feeling that he will never back down in a challenge. 
Anyway here are the most recents.  I am going to try not to talk too much and just post the pics because I really need to clean my house and I am procrastinating.

He looks more and more like his father these days:


Playing under a blanket during tummy time.


Learning the basics of crawling is frustrating for him.  He had been reaching for the toy ahead of him for 10 minutes and then realized I was watching and began screaming for help.  He hates it when he can't do something.


Crystal and Seth always try to make him feel better but he does not like being coddled either.  Cuddling and kissing only makes him more angry. I love this picture because he's trying to push seth away with no success



Like I said, he's a strong personality, and it shows, but he is hilarious.  He loves being talked to and sung to, and he loves being held and walked around the house.  He gets bored extremely easily and is way too attached to me, which is adorable but also limiting.

There will be more pics soon, this was just a quick update.

No comments: