A happy family, is but an earlier Heaven...

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stinky people, primay, working out and life in general

Things are getting easier. We're almost completely moved out of our old place, and even though I'll be unpacking until I'm 80, we're slowly getting things together in the new place. Also the gag reflex is calming down, but my brain to mouth filter seems to be malfunctioning. I say more of what I think and less of what is just more polite right now. Not good. Things still smell strong, but I'm not vomiting every time I smell something offensive either. I realized this when we had a patient at work, who always reeks of sweaty over-powerful curry in the the office and I didn't run for the bathroom. I did have to put some rubbing alcohol in my face mask to control any dry heaving, but I made it. I'm not trying to be mean, but my office is close to some of the more uh...interesting people in the city of Salt lake and we get all kinds of druggies and crazies and weirdos. Usually I find it entertaining, but not when I'm sensitive to smell. This person, a woman, not only has an over powerful smell, that lingers for an hour after she leaves even to those who aren't pregnant, but she INSISTS on sitting in the dental chair without shoes, and her feet are scary. Really, really scary. I'm talking CGI horror movies. Sometimes I want to take a picture of them and post them on here because they are so horrifying that it's hilarious, but I don't want to get fired for violating privacy laws. Anyway I realized I'm getting better when I didn't want to run into oncoming traffic at the smell of her arrival.


Other good news?

I've successfully avoided a church calling in the primary. So far. I've been working in the primary for almost seven years, and I'm kind of terrified that they'll do it to me again. I don't wanna be an ungrateful jerk but I work 20hrs a week, have two small kids and am preggo with my third. I need a break. The problem is that I like kids, and I love talking to them and playing with them. Probably because I'm a big kid myself. They already called and had Scott and I substitute in the nursery for our new ward and without even thinking about it I was picking up the crying kids and comforting them and setting time apart to play with the violent kid to give him the one on one attention that he really wanted, and directing actions to the song "Do as I'm doing" and "Head shoulders, knees and toes". After leaving Scott told me that if I'm trying to stay under the primary radar, I'm not doing a very good job and I need to be more careful or they'll put me back in there. Like I said, I love kids, but going to relief society has been...well, a relief. I can sit back and actually enjoy the lesson, and participate in class discussions, and actually interact with adults. I never made any friends in my last ward because they put me in primary my third week there. Now that I'm in a neighborhood with people I'll actually be seeing a lot of and not planning on moving in a year or two I want to make friends. Is that so bad?


Other new things? Now that my energy is coming back I'm back on the exercise wagon. I'm really enjoying this one right now:

This is the chick who invented buns of steel back in the 80's and yes, she made my buns Kardashi-tastic back in the day. Anyway this little workout isn't anything hard core, I'm not trying to loose weight, just feel good during my pregnancy, and this is helping. It also promises that "bouncing back" will be a little easier afterwords. I hope so, but I've never been the girl who fits back into her skinny jeans a week after giving birth and I kind of resent girls who do because they suck.
This is the other one I've bought:

It's a prenatal pilates program, which I haven't tried yet because my hand weights are still in a box somewhere and it requires that I use them. So we'll see if I like it. I'll report back in a couple of months.

I also want to say how thankful I am for my family lately. While I was at work yesterday Scott put on his 'Super Dad' cap and took care of housecleaning, lawn mowing, wall painting, kid watching and dinner making. My mom came over and planted flowers in the front of my house,then did the dishes. My dad came and put together a kids safety trampoline for my kids to play in outside. My family is so awesome that it made me want to cry when I came home after a 12 hour work day to all the help and support from them. I always feel bad for making you people gag when I gush about the people I love in my life, but I can't help it. For some reason these people insist on being amazing and blessing me every day.

Anyway, right now life is just unpacking, work, registering Crystal for school, trying to convince Seth that the potty isn't the devil, and figuring out what I'm doing half the time. Whenever I'm pregnant my brain sometimes decides to re-boot like a computer that shuts itself off and I have to figure out what I was saying or doing and why. Makes work interesting. Luckily half the staff at work is pregnant ladies like me. I'm not kidding. Out of the six staff members there, three of us are pregnant and we're all only a few weeks apart from each other. Maybe something we ate at work made us all more attracted to our husbands during the same month, who knows. We're all our own support group over there and we've been comparing how many times we throw up in a day along with belly sizes and brain farts. When all our bellies are huge people are going to wonder what kind of office we have and if we're doing anything illegal, but it makes the work day easier to get through. I'll be sad to leave it when I give birth, but three kids AND work will be too much on my plate for at least a year and being a mommy comes first for me.

1 comment:

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

You are a brave woman, I don't think I could handle the smell while pregnant!! And hey, you DO have an amazing family, nothing wrong with that!!